DSR-410....revisited

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Hello, all. After doing some research, I noticed that the frequency, symbol rate etc for GPTV on AMC-3 was within the specs that this thing should be able to receive! I tried it today. Dish pointed, freq./symbol rate tuned, and the elusive green light was mine! Then it wasn't....then it was....:eek: The signal jumps all over from about 20 up to 44 or so, up to 50 or 60 and back to 20 and so on. No amount of dish peaking keeps it locked long enough to map anything. After the whole W5 thing, and now this, I'm sure getting my 17 bucks worth of entertainment out of this thing LOL!:rolleyes: Any suggestions what else to try? It's a 1.2m CM/Primestar dish with oem P* LNBF. :D

you are probably suffering from weak signal - GPTV is weaker for me on a 7' dish than other AMC-3 transmissions.

It's not so weak I can't lock it, but it's signal level is definitely lower than other DC2 services on that bird.

Attach a spectrum analyzer photograph so we can confirm or rule out weak signal or dish not quite properly set up on AMC-3. ;)

I tried my spare 410 on a few satellites that had compatible SRs. I got it to map on 107.3° for Starchoice, but it took a really long time. I selected the "search for new authorization" menu item. Which erases the provider 4160. Then it finally recognized a new provider ID after a reboot.

I can get the Canadian gov't channel, a home shopping channel a few numbers down and several dupicates of PPV promo channels here and there.

I never had any luck on G14, G15, G18. I know that there are some 19510 and 29270 SRs there. I can get the green light, but nothing else happens.

Don't do a master reset. Until the 410 receives a trip from it's original provider it won't do anything. Once that's happened it will remap elsewhere in my experiments even without further trips on the counter. I still think it's strange that Motorola sends out data to boxes that have been out of service for years.

Thanks for the responses! I don't have a spectrum analyzer, but I do know that I had upwards of 90% signal quality, on some transponders on my Pansat 9200, before switching to the 410. I even tried swapping out the LNB, but no change. The part that confuses me, is how the signal goes...10....55....11.....59....15....60 etc. w/ the DC light green...red...green and so on. The wild up/down fluctuation has me baffled!:confused: It's as if the satellite is sending out "pulses" of signal instead of a "stream":eek:

FIXED! .....well, sort of.

Removed coax from DSR-410. Stuck it in DSR-920 Ku port. Changed DSR-920's setting from "C-Band LNBF" to "C and KU Band LNBF" -programmed in sat K3. Hit Guide, showed K3-640 O/V ...selected channel and BAM! GPTV:eek: Steady quality of 66. This DSR-410 must have a problem.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)