dsr-905 4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Hey all, i wanted to tell everyone about my experience setting up my dsr-905.
It was all pretty straight forward in the menu screens. I am still figuring the manual tuning options.

I did notice that when you use the right arrow key on the remote to bring up the signal level and quality of a channel, the receiver responds very slowly to the skew and dish position adjustments, It sure is not like a fortec ultra!

You have to wait a few seconds after bumping the dish or skew to see which way the quality numbers are going to bounce.

At one point when i first booted the receiver, it showed a signal level on G1@133W of (Level 110-does not really matter on digital) and quality read 65554.

I have never seen a five digit signal quality. I rebooted the receiver again and it kept doing it. Finally a final reboot (almost literally:D ) it shaped up.

Well it's all good and I love my 4DTV.

When changing channels on your analog receiver, you will have to wait longer to see if a channel comes up. The skew delay you noticed from the DSR 905 control is also quite apparent from the analog receiver since it goes throught the DSR 905 to get to the servo. On my setup I chose to bypass the DSR 905 skew and left it direct from the analog to the Servo. This causes you to have to change polarity with the analog receiver, but I found it was much better to not have the delay, especially if one is scanning analog for backhauls. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)