Status
Please reply by conversation.

raydio

K6KGW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
I just bought a used 920 and want to watch some analog Ku on SBS-6. Since this box does not seem to have a C/Ku switch on it, how do you guy's that have 4DTV boxes watch analog Ku? I am sure I will be back asking more noobie 4DTV questions...this sure is a different animal!

Did you select satellite B6? The 4DTV sat name you choose determines C or Ku.

I assume you have the Ku LNB connected on the Ku input and the C on the C-band input.

I have the 4dtv slaved to my Manhattan DVB box and have the slave port of Manhattan going to both C and Ku LNB connections on 920 via HF splitter. By the way, I tried to get DCII feeds on Ku while slaved to the Manhattan and was unable to. Should I not be able to do this?

rayydio said:
I have the 4dtv slaved to my Manhattan DVB box and have the slave port of Manhattan going to both C and Ku LNB connections on 920 via HF splitter. By the way, I tried to get DCII feeds on Ku while slaved to the Manhattan and was unable to. Should I not be able to do this?

I think you should be able to get DCII, but the KU channels can be a little touchy. The other issue you may be running into is channel maps. You get those from G0 or G1, I forget which, but both are c-band sats. Without the channel map, I don't think you can get any DCII stuff.

Mike

rayydio said:
Assuming your Manhattan gets only ku-band, I think I would try it without the splitter and connect to the ku input only on the 4dtv. I see no reason you shouldn't be able to get a DCII signal, even if it tells you, you need a subscription. Unless it's like iammike suggest and you don't have any channels mapped in. The 4dtv unit will however get analog channels, it does however have to be as Shawn95GT suggested on a mapped ku satellite. And the channel needs to be active. Here's an idea, if you know someone with a BUD, you could ask them if you could hook your 4dtv to their BUD while it was on G1 long enough to get the maps.

Al

Edit: If you do the suggestion, make sure it's on the C-band side of G1 for the maps. On channel 3 specifically.

Last edited:
The Manhattan box is your standard DVB box with the exception that it has a controller onboard for a bud type actuator so it receives both C and Ku. I have already received two free DCII channels on GB (my first!) and the clock was corrected. Would I not have received the maps as well by just being on a DCII channel for a length of time?

voomvoom said:
No the maps come through G1 channel 3 C-band along with the program guide.

Al

The maps are available on a couple of satellites. The IPG is only on Galaxy 1 (G1), transponder 3.
The maps can also be downloaded from Galaxy 10 (G0), transponder 5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)