dsr-922 help needed (it doesn't start up)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi all,
I'm so excited...I finally got everything hooked up (properly, I think) and all was well until I fired up my kinda-sorta-new dsr-922.

The unit looks GREAT, and the guy selling it has a history of selling cband stuff, so I assume the problem is my fault. Here's the problem.

I turn it on and it just makes a double-clicking noise: kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk.......etc. Nothing on the tv screen at all.

Now, I did flip down the little door on the front (bottom left). I see a socket for a "card" or something, like you see in a dss reciever. My unit has NOTHING in that socket right now. Perhaps that's my problem?

Many thanks for any thoughts etc. you can provide. I'm prepared for the worst! :)

The slot on the front of all DCII boxes is only to be used if the encryption is broken.

Your problem may be a cable related issue, make sure all is connected the right way, and nothing is lose, disconnect your lnb's and see if the unit will turn on without any problems, if so connect the C-band and then the Ku-band if the click starts there may be a lnb or bad cable.

It's my c-band rj6 cable. When I pull it out, and leave the k-band cable in, the unit starts up fine.

If the c-band cable is plugged in...I get clik clik clik clik.....

Hard to believe you can terminate rj6 incorrectly, but apparently I found a way. I'll redo the ends tonight after work. Thanks!

JerryK said:
It's my c-band rj6 cable. When I pull it out, and leave the k-band cable in, the unit starts up fine.

If the c-band cable is plugged in...I get clik clik clik clik.....

Hard to believe you can terminate rj6 incorrectly, but apparently I found a way. I'll redo the ends tonight after work. Thanks!

It's not too hard for the shielding cable to fray and touch the core cable. It's tiny so you wouldn't even notice it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts