Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
I have a Skyvision DSR410

Port 4 on the back is labeled 'Asynchronous Data' - any idea what I can use that for?

Is that an ASI output (he asks hoping!)

TIA

I have a Skyvision DSR410

Port 4 on the back is labeled 'Asynchronous Data' - any idea what I can use that for?

Is that an ASI output (he asks hoping!)

TIA

Yes it would be nice however no its not an ASI output.

I do not believe you can really do anything with the 'Asynchronous Data' output.

For ASI out you need a Commercial Satellite Receiver. Like a DSR-4410

When I bought my DSR410 from Skyvision a few years ago it came with some sort of cable. I just assumed it was for the HDD200 connections. It looks like the MMAP connector on some of the other Motorola receivers. I never bothered the investigate what the cable is. I could post a pic if anyone is interested.

When I bought my DSR410 from Skyvision a few years ago it came with some sort of cable. I just assumed it was for the HDD200 connections. It looks like the MMAP connector on some of the other Motorola receivers. I never bothered the investigate what the cable is. I could post a pic if anyone is interested.

Is it a DB-9 to 3.5mm connector?

The DB9 port is for a HDD200

I'm thinking the other port is Baseband Output - like on the DSR92x

The DB9 port is for a HDD200

I'm thinking the other port is Baseband Output - like on the DSR92x

Baseband output wouldn't have any use on a digital receiver. It's generally only found on analog receivers for FM^2 type signals, ie FM signals modulated on the carrier of another FM signal, such as the audio on an analog TV signal.

The cable is a Y. It has a DB-9 female, 1 RCA and one 3.5mm. I have no idea why Motorola boxed it with the 410.

Interesting! If only I knew why :)

On the DSR420 the DB9 and RCA sockets are together in a "box" labelled with an "i".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)