DSR922, possible to rename sats?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Oregon
Is it possible to rename the sats in a DSR 922? Or do we just have to use the old names for the new sats?

IE: AMC3 = W3 etc.

It would be handy if Lyngsat had a list of the old names (the names in the DSR922) in parentheses or something to make it easier to figure out where you are.

Last edited:
Firmware Upgrade?

Thanks!

Has Motorola ever released a firmware upgrade to the DSR922?

Firmware Upgrade

My 922 came with A4 firmware and was upgraded to EC. I don't remember when that happened, but it was done by either Motorola or General Instruments.

trscott said:
Thanks!

Has Motorola ever released a firmware upgrade to the DSR922?

There have been a few firmware updates, but satellite ids get updated through updates to the channel maps.

photoman76 said:
My 922 came with A4 firmware and was upgraded to EC. I don't remember when that happened, but it was done by either Motorola or General Instruments.

There was also EA before EC.

EA is not shown on my Diagnostic screen, but now that you mentioned it, I do recall having it at one time.

I bought a used 922 and been using it since last Friday. I got some digital programming from NPS. When I go to options, 6, 5, systems status on line H I have 000000EA. Is this my firmware version? If so do I need to update it or will it happen automaticly? Thanks.

It will happen automatically, but the software isn't always being transmitted, maybe once a month recently. Unless you are having certain types of viewing problems on some digital channels, the last fix didn't really do much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts