DSR922 Qiuestion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`ll be sending my DSR 922 to ATS for battery replacement and new maps.
My TDT is maxed out and my question is can the new maps be loaded in that condition or is a Master Reset required?
If a Master Reset is required what is the simplest and best way to prepare for it prior to disconnecting my 922???
Thank you

Can anyone answer my question about TDT count and if a Master Reset will be required??

I don't know much of anything about the DSR boxes but I know stargaze has already forgotten more than most folks will ever know about them and I think he is saying that ATS can handle getting your unit back up to speed even if the TDT count is maxed.

You could call ATS though, they could tell you for sure, I have heard they are really good to work with.

ATS will take care of the tdt when they remap it.All you have to do is disconnect it,put it in a box and ship it to them.the only thing you might be concerned about is the battery not dying before it gets there.You may have to redo your limits and reprogram your sats when you get it back,so you might want to write down your current sat positions and E/W limit numbers.
Also if you still have the VCII module installed,remove it,it's dead weight and virtually useless anyway.

Thanks waylew - You answered my question qbout what to do if a Master Reset is required because the TDT is maxed out.

Your worried about a max out TDT count?
That has been a thing of the past ever since the map restoration program was brought out to the public.
It is not recommended to ever do a master reset.
Why?
It changes things on the 4d that not even the map restoration program can bring back for you.
While the map restoration program can do wonders, the way these receivers were designed, no one thing can do it all.
The emm provider number is in 3 different places and the MM program can only change 2 of them, the third and one important EMM number can only be done by either subbing or calling in to have changed, but I heard that they are no longer doing that so only a sub will change it now.
Without that 3rd EMM number you will not lock onto the DC2 signals properly.
However, since your sending it to ATS as I said before, box it up as is, and let ATS handle it for you.
If you tell them exactly what you have and the maxed out TDT count they will fix everything up for you properly. The key thing is to let them know before-hand so they can do it.
They use the map restoration program to do this just as I do. However they have the Motorola contacts in San Diego that also will put in the proper EMM you can not if it is missing but why go through all of that when it is not necessary.

Stargaze - Thanks for your input on this subject. I`ll be sure to let ATS know that my TDT is maxed out. I have recorded my E & W limits and readings for the various satellites.

Last edited:
The guys at ATS are nice, smart, laid back and fair on pricing. Two thumbs up from me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)