DSR922 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Well I bought a 922 and got several questions. What is the battery you all are talking about replacing? Is it in the DC II module or in the 922 itself?

I got a problem in the changing satellite area. If I manually change sats it gives 30 volts to the motor for a moment then quites and I have to press again. The counter either doesn not change or it changes in leaps and bounds. The dish does move but it takes a while.

When I tell it to change sats, it does not produce 30 volts to the motor. It just changes sats on the screen. I bought it so cheap I didnt expect it to work
perfectly.

Does anybody repair these receivers?

Thanks
allen

Did you get any messages when the dish stopped moving? Recheck all your wiring on the receiver and at the actuator.

Well I have to have a good actuator first. The motor just stops. I hooked another receiver to it and it done the same thing. Even on the bench the motor just stops.
Great its just out of warranty too. Zarl 3024 SUperjack. Which is better the Acme or Venture?

Great its just out of warranty too. Zarl 3024 SUperjack.

you can get a replacement motor for the motecks at sadoun but several things to remember
I can't say the motecks are the same as the superjacks but suspect they are alike.

there are several types 24 Volt , 30 volt & 36 volt
also there are regular duty and heavy duty

I got the motor completely disconnected. It is in free spin mode on the bench without turning any gears. It acts like the motor has a bad spot on the armature. It just quits.
Sometimes you can rock it back and forth and it will start again. Its not locked up, it just quits spinning. I read that the DSR922 has 36 volts for the motor but mine only shows 30 on the DVM. Do diffferent DSR922 produce different voltages?

no they put out 36 volts like the v-box & g-box

some of the old analog receivers just put out 24 volts

usually the lower amount of voltage the slower the arm will move
its why some say they can move an arm with a 12 volt battery charger
the motor should be able to handle lower voltage ( for a small amount of time, but long durations or burst could burn it up).

yours on the other hand is pushing 36 volts to a 30 volt motor :(
probably it can handle the 6 volt overage but if your going to replace the arm consider the 36 volt actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)