dsr922 "the guide" and generics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,

My '922 has served me well for the last year, but it's getting annoying finding out about channels etc that won't show up in my IPG because I have to use a generic.

Even if the IPG doesn't know what shows are on, I'd still like to see all my channels in 1 place.

So my question is, has there ever been another dc2 box that had an IPG but let ME decide what channels go in it?

(edited )

Last edited:
It would be best not to mention how you get those feeds on a open forum, I recommend you delete your post.

And the reason they are not on the IPG is because Motorola was asked to remove them many years ago.

Thanks for the insight. Even though my example exists on lyngsat, I've edited it to be sufficiently vague.

So motorola never authorized anyone but GI to make dc2 receivers?

Last edited:
JerryK said:
Thanks for the insight. Even though my example exists on lyngsat, I've edited it to be sufficiently vague.

So motorola never authorized anyone but GI to make dc2 receivers?
Actually, Motorola bought GI. General Instruments made these and sold out to Motorola. All 3 4dtv's I possess are GI's. 2 920's and a 922.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)