Dss Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbrock007

Original poster
May 10, 2005
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I have been unable to find this specific question in the archives.

I have a 4 room, 2-dual tuner DSS setup with 2 dishes mounted on my roof (2nd for possible int'l programming in the future). I was recently given a FTA satellite receiver; is it possible use my existing DSS dishes to pull down FTA channels without messing up either system?

I tried it once, by removing my DSS input cable from the original receiver and adding it to the FTa...it seemed to have strength on several satellites...

Would it work if placed a switch A/B in order to toggle between the 2 (not share at the same time)?

Any would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Cbrock007

welcome! :wave

I moved this to the free to air area

unfortunatelly, 101 doesn't have any FTA stuff that the DSS dish would work for. What location is the 2nd one and how large is the dish? To get most FTA, you need at least a 30" dish and a different LNB

HI,

Thanks fot the quick reply. It appears that it is a Dish500 dish, I'm guessing 22"...

So you think I should call someone out and have them add a 30" dish? Out of curiosity, approximately how many satellites can it connect to at a time?

Thanks,

Cbrock007

cbrock007 said:
HI,

Thanks fot the quick reply. It appears that it is a Dish500 dish, I'm guessing 22"...

It might be a Phase III

So you think I should call someone out and have them add a 30" dish? Out of curiosity, approximately how many satellites can it connect to at a time?

Thanks,

Cbrock007
without a motor, you may be able to see 2 at one time. But with a motor, the sky is the limit (or trees too) :)

I have a fixed dish at Galaxy 10 (123W) for the Networks on there.
I also have a motorized unit to see most of the satellites up there. When I change channels, if its a different satellite the dish moves to that location :0

Does the dish say "Dish 500" on it?

I am thinking this is a E* setup (since he mentioned a 2nd dish for internationals) instead of a D*

If this is an old Dish Network dish, at 110 and 119, there are a few FTA programs, specifically GolTV (on 110), NASA (on 119) and the Muzak channels (also on 119)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts