Status
Please reply by conversation.

gawdog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
texas
dtc 210 good or bad ??

:dev i am upgrading dtv service to hd .wanted the samsung 360 ,dtv installer claims all dtv is sending to them are dtc210,s any advice on this receiver.
picture quality,issues .i am disappointed because the remote for my sammsung
hlp-5663 will only work w/samsung receivers (according to them) .per inst.
and over the phone

well unless all the issues were solved on the samsungs the dtc-210 is the better bet, and even IF they were solved the rca is prob still the better unit imho

I had 3 different Samsung 360 all with issues. Purchased one from Circuit City, returned it as defective, got a new one, called Directv who sent me one and then settled happily for the dtc-210. The dtc-210 is very stable and does a good job bringing in the off air locals.

the dtc 210 seems to be a nice box,dont have any complaints on it as of
yet

havent seen any lines on mine.

the DTC210's remote controls the samsung hlp5063 tv good enough, of course, all of my components sre swithced through my reciever.

What H?

OK. I have a 210 and I have no clue what H line you are referring to. I'm looking very close to my picture now, and I see no lines at all :) What exactly is the purported problem?

vfr781rider said:
OK. I have a 210 and I have no clue what H line you are referring to. I'm looking very close to my picture now, and I see no lines at all :) What exactly is the purported problem?

It took me about 2 weeks to notice it. It's most apparent on a HD nature show when the camera is slowly panning up. It's a blurred horz. line right in the middle of the screen.

vfr781rider said:

If you have some time, read through this thread
at Avsforum. It describes the line and some other problems with the DTC210.
The H-line is a minor annoyance, since most of the time, you dont' see it.

I had a TS 360 and Directv replaced it with a DTC 210 due to problems with the 360. I like the 210 better, and can't see the horizontal line others mention. The 210's remote is RF and works; I had to point the TS 360 right at the unit. The 210 is very similar, only it works and, I think, faster.

gawdog said:
so far the 210 seems to be pretty decent overall

I liked the 360 better only because it had a clock and channel display.

However, I hardly ever notice the H line bug.

I think we'll need to replace out HD eqiupment this summer, anyway, right?

I was skeptical about the DTC210 when I first got mine, sure enough I had problems when I got it, but it turned out the problem was a bad multi-switch. Since then it has worked flawlessly. I have never seen the "line" others speak of.

Every once in a while I have audio distortion with Fox HD ( east ) but I think that is a problem with the station or DirecTV's retransmit.

Overall very satisfied with it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)