DTE-7100 Digitrans receiver setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
on the green strip you use the 1st 2 plugs skip the 3rd then 4th and 5th you use. (closest to the BNC connector) as posted in these pics of mine ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/267822-digitrans-7100-a.html#post2653380

you can take a simple audio cord and strip back the outside wiring (negative) and the middle wire (positive)...otherwise Rat Shack has 2 options
RCA to tinned ends which would work
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103848

or cheaper...it has RCA to RCA end
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103856
all I did was cut the wire in half then carefully split the wires to + and - as noted in the pics

cool, I got a picture. I will have to figure out what cable to use for audio in the next few days. I will try to lock the 107 signal when I can move my dish later. Any ideas to make a cable for hooking up the audio. I got that connector. Thanks again Ice.

I did what Iceberg suggested with the speaker cable with the RCA jacks. I found a old set of speakers at my dad's house and snipped the wire off. They were headed for the trash anyhow! ;)

The 7100 cannot do 4:2:2
The 7150 can

I assume that output is to something that can decode 4:2:2.....whatever that machine would be

The 4:2:2 outputs are different than decoding a 4:2:2 signal. The 4:2:2 outputs are another way of labling or name for the YUV connections. These analog ports are used for connecting commercial equipment. It has nothing to do with receiving broadcasts encoded 4:2:2.

What is the 4:2:2 output for? I am trying to figure out the 4 2 2 capability of this.

If you're talking about the single 4:2:2 BNC output, that is SDI, or Serial Digital. It is basically a professional-grade uncompressed digital stream output, like HDMI except it is in serial form for much longer cable runs (and, in this case, is standard-definition only). SDI is sometimes referred to as 4:2:2, as the data stream it carries is in that chroma format. This has nothing to do with the capability (or lack thereof in this case) of the receiver to tune and output a 4:2:2 satellite transmission. Little, if any, comsumer equipment has SDI capability.

Last edited:
I was finally able to lock in some of the free channels on 107 but for some reason I am only able to lock in the horizontal ones. I tried switching the settings but am unable to lock anything that is Vertical. I have it running through a 4 port diseqc switch then running into my invacom qph031 lnb.

The DCII modes are a bit confusing. C is combined megapipe, Q is one half, I is the other. I remember the mux on AMC11 that carried HD Theater and a few others. It was in split mode, I think the I had HD Theater and the Q had the rest of the channels. I personally hate the Digitrans IRDs, I prefer the Motorola DSR-4410 and 4530. The DSR-4530 is my favorite because it can output the transport stream via IP.

New they were well over $2000. But that was then... I wouldn't spend more than $100 ($150 for a 7150) on one now, since there doesn't seem to be as much DCII up there as there was in the past.

I am currently trying to scan in some dc2 signals on 103w and on a couple of the channels instead of saying Unauthorized or Manual Selection it says: Wait SMM. What does this mean? Is there a way around it? These are for some channels that are listed open on lyngsat.

I understand how to switch between DC2C, DC2I, and DC2Q modes but what on earth is the DC2Co mode for? I have yet to lock a transponder using this mode.

Cool, Do you know if the Co stands for combo or something else? I would like to find a transponder that uses this mode.

You might try to lock some of these:
AMC 10 4152 H 9760
Galaxy 15 3828 V 14630
Galaxy 15 4025 H 4880
AMC 11 3909 V 11710
AMC 11 4090 V 9760
Galaxy 13 4050 H 11710
Galaxy 18 3812 V 9760
Galaxy 23 3831 V 4880
SatMex 5 3920 V 7320
SES 1 3907 H 14630
Galaxy 17 3869 H 7320

Most are encrypted, but some are not. But you should be able to lock all of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts