dte-7100 polarity switching

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am using a dte-7100 receiver and it seems whenever I lock in H signals. I am unable to manually enter and tune vertical signals. For some reason it won't let me switch. I have it slaved VIA Openbox. Even when the channel on the openbox is on the desired polarity the digitrans will not tune in that polarity. I am not sure if there is a setting I need to switch but it is very inconvenient.

The digitrans can work independently

WHen you go into the RF screen to put in frequency and symbol rate hit RF again and the next screen change (damn it escapes me what the hell its called) but your options are LOW< HIGH and OFF

LOW=vertical
HIGH=horizontal

I can try that but I am running a 4to1 diseqc switch and a 22khz switch to 91w. I just watch reelz or whatever on 91 to feed that into the commercial receiver. I haven't had the time of the motivation to read the dsr4800 manual completely yet but that makes sense. I am assuming that low is 13v and high is 18v? I am using the bandstacked eagle aspen that I got from sadoun on closeout. It feeds both signals at the same time because I can watch a Horizontal channel on the openbox while watching a vertical on the dte. But right at this moment I can't get any H signal to work on the dte. It is aggravating.

I was not able to get it to switch while still hooked up to the Openbox. I will try to hook it up directly tomorrow sometime but I would really like to be able to access everything through a box that controls the diseqc switch.

I can try that but I am running a 4to1 diseqc switch and a 22khz switch to 91w. I just watch reelz or whatever on 91 to feed that into the commercial receiver. I haven't had the time of the motivation to read the dsr4800 manual completely yet but that makes sense. I am assuming that low is 13v and high is 18v? I am using the bandstacked eagle aspen that I got from sadoun on closeout. It feeds both signals at the same time because I can watch a Horizontal channel on the openbox while watching a vertical on the dte. But right at this moment I can't get any H signal to work on the dte. It is aggravating.

the 7100/7150 can't do DVB-S2...only DVB & DCII
If you are using the bandstacked LNB then you may have some issues as the frequency range may be fixed on those. I know the symbol rate cant go below 3.250 and the LNB frequencies are fixed too (5150, 9750, 10600 etc)
Normally with bandstacked what you can do is this...set the LNB to 5750 and use the regular frequency or keep at 5150 but all H will be 600 Mhz lower than normal. When I had a Quali-TV and a bandstacked LNB all H was 600mhz lower becasue the Quali could only do a 5150 Frequency. So as example World Harvest on 99W (4000 H 26400) would be entered as 3400 H 26400 (or actually HIGH on the polarity option)

Normally with bandstacked what you can do is this...set the LNB to 5750 and use the regular frequency or keep at 5150 but all H will be 600 Mhz lower than normal. When I had a Quali-TV and a bandstacked LNB all H was 600mhz lower becasue the Quali could only do a 5150 Frequency. So as example World Harvest on 99W (4000 H 26400) would be entered as 3400 H 26400 (or actually HIGH on the polarity option)

I just fired up my 7150 and the only LNB options are none, 5150,10750,11250 so you would set it for 5150 and just take the frequency and subtract 600 from it and enter it that way

Well I had the H transponders working on DC2 the other night when I discovered I and Q modes. But the receiver will only do either H or V for some reason. The other day I am not sure what I could have changed but now all I get is V no matter what I try. It did that to me when I first got it when trying to access the Ku Canadian locals. I was never able to get the other polarity. I am feeding it a good signal too through the S9.

OK I went below 600 on the frequency and BOOM the transponder locks again for horizontal. I do not understand why the magic number is 600 though.Thanks for the tip I never would have figured that out.

dte.jpg

It would make sense but I am able to scan both polarities on the S9 with normal transponder values. Unless I wasn't paying attention but I will double check.

OK when I rescanned all the channels with my new LNB I didn't notice that the H transponders are 600 lower. Now everything makes sense. I don't have a manual for the LNB. It makes sense now why some receiver menus have a 5750 setting.

I just found the 5750-5150 5150-5750 setting in my openbox menu. I switched it to the former and now all of the transponder numbers scan correctly. Learn something new every day!

OK I went below 600 on the frequency and BOOM the transponder locks again for horizontal. I do not understand why the magic number is 600 though.Thanks for the tip I never would have figured that out.

Bandstacked LNB has 2 LNB LO's 5150 & 5750
Vertical use 5150 LNB LO
Horizontal use 5750

5750-5150 = 600 ;)

So because you use 5150 for the LO all horizontal needs to be dropped 600 MHZ

Status
Please reply by conversation.