DTivo vs. Directv DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bsic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Texas
HI all,

I switched to comast 1 yr ago regrattably, and now want to move back to D*. I have my two original DTivo's, but the thought of using them thru vonage brings back horrible memories. But, my wife loved the tivo and misses it daily.

Im debating whether or not to get the new DVRs they are offering, and Im wondering what the differences are (usability, quality, features, etc). I saw one old thread from January on this topic, but wondering if anyone has any input as of late.

Thanks for the help!!

Switch to AT&T CallVantage. My DTivos call in flawlessly with fax/modem support enabled. Plus ATTCV lets me filter calls, so telemarketers only call once. Next time they get a message saying, "The AT&T CallVantage customer to dialed is no longer accepting calls from this number." I pay $26.95 per month (the call filtering costs $2 extra).

Ted

Does the R15 have features simliar to the Tivo Wish List, or Suggestions?

Use a computer to to make the call. serial port with a null modem. Very easy and quick.

Read my recent posts tonight. My opinion RUN far and fast away from DTV DVR's. Dtivos are great, but thier own DVR's are HORRENDOUS. In my opinion.

It's amazing how much over-hype there is (not to mention loyalty) for the Tivo software. I still remember when it came out for the first time, and much of the feedback was "its too complicated" or "how is anyone supposed to figure this out". Of course, that was in the day of the VCR.

Now some folks can't function in life without their Tivo. Kinda like the Starbucks addicts.

What's interesting is that what really made it popular was its simplicity. Problem is, that was also it's downfall - not enough enhancements, bug fixes, and new technology provided. That's why there's been a cottage industry of "hacks" and "tweaks" - because Tivo itself failed to properly evolve. I personally felt the software was too "dumbed down".

Now we have about 30 days of life for the new software running on the new HR20 HD DVR's - only time will tell if it becomes accepted as well or better. Based on the huge demand for these newest HD boxes, it would appear that Tivo isn't the end-all or best-thing-since-sliced-bread software solution that some make it out to be. To me, the fact that some cable outfits are adopting it almost confirms Tivo may be on its last breath.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts