DTV 95° installation help needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Hi, I'm planning on buying a new D11 receiver from eBay. I already have a 3' Winegard dish with SG2100 motor mount along with an Invacom (2Linear/2Circular) QuadLNB. Could I use this receiver/dish combination to get the DTV international channels on 95°?

I'm mainly interested in the Filipino Channel package which is at 95°W. Question: Which satellite do I have to be pointed at to activate DTV (w/International Pkg.). 95°, 101°, 110° or 119° ? Or would any do?

I just want an expert's opinion here as a CSR at DTV told me that I have to be simultaneously pointed at 95° (to access CH.497) as well as 101° (to access CH.101) during activation. IS THIS TRUE?

you do need to be aimed at 101 for the box to work correctly and I think you will have to be aimed at both for it to be activated (you need to be at 101 for the box to work right).

I assume you also have a free to air box in the mix?

if he isnt using the FTA dish for Free to air, he can aim the dish for 95 and put a DBS LNB next to it for 101

(but if he plans on moving the dish, then yes he will need a 18" dish aimed at 101)

Iceberg said:
you do need to be aimed at 101 for the box to work correctly and I think you will have to be aimed at both for it to be activated (you need to be at 101 for the box to work right).

I assume you also have a free to air box in the mix?
I have a Twinhan 1020a.

I guess there is no getting away from a Zinwell SAM-6802 multiswitch which costs $69 as well as getting an 18" dish for 101 :(
This is the only switch I could find that was DTV approved for combining the 95 with the 101 signal.

Iceberg said:
if he isnt using the FTA dish for Free to air, he can aim the dish for 95 and put a DBS LNB next to it for 101.

Is there an add-on bracket I could attach beside this HUGE Invacom Quad LNB I already have? OR will a tie-strap do?

oh so a 4x4 will work then? cool

I knew the 4x4 would work for a Phase II or 2 18" dishes for 101 & 72.5

Good to know it will work for 101 & 95

f13dfx said:
Is there an add-on bracket I could attach beside this HUGE Invacom Quad LNB I already have? OR will a tie-strap do?

tie strap or hose clamps work good :)
They're about 2 bucks at a hardware store. If you are facing the dish, aim at 95 and put the DBS LNB to the right of the KU band. It might rest next to it.

stevo/65 said:
Or a 4X4 using the 18 volt side of the 22khz as a flexport for the 95 bird

not all 4X4s have 22k switching, i was just trying to give out the easiest way of doing it so there were no miscues

why wouldnt all 4x4's have 22k switching? It needs to pick from 2 options. All of the switches I've purchased have had the 22k built in

The only thing I've seen that doesn't is some el cheapo 5x4 switches I bought. All they did was allow you to add a OTA antenna to a Phase III

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts