DTV and Tivo picture quality problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbair

Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Anyone with DTV then getting Tivo from them have a noticeable change in picutre quality?

I bought a 47" Panasonic HDTV last week and the picture quality (even w/o an HDTV connection)with just my normal DTV receiver was super sharp with bold colors and razor sharp images. I ordered Tivo from DTV and had it installed by them yesterday, and now the colors appear dull and the images kinda fuzzy looking. I checked all the connections and rebooted everything and its still the same. I called DTv and they tell me that normally picture quality should be better with the New DTV/Tivo box...is the decrease in picture quality normal or do I have a bad box?

Thanks

David

My HD receiver does look better (even with SD programming @ 480p) than my Tivo. However, I would attribute this to the fact that my Tivo is connected with S-Video and my HTL-HD is connected using component video cables. My picture is a little fuzzy but I KNOW this is due to me messing with convergence on the S-Video map and not the Tivo. I'll be fixing that tonight when it is dark.

My other Tivo however is on a 24" 4:3 Sony Wega and it is razor sharp and crystal clear with no issues .

I have tried both a standard receiver and my Tivo receiver on my Sony 36XBR800 HD Monitor. I would say the picure quality was almost identical. Now if only the menus were as fast on the Tivo box as the standard DTV receivers.

Ted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)