DTV audio cutting in and out ONLY ON SOME CHANNELS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

4K Fan

Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
Florida
The audio on my 4K mini genies keeps cutting out for one second at a time throughout the broadcast, but only on some channels. I have swapped out genie boxes and changed out all wiring, but nothing changes. My ROKU plays just fine on same inputs and wiring.

Is there a known audio issue with DirecTV right now?

Reactions: EchostarFan
:welcome to Satelliteguys 4K Fan!

There have been audio issues with some clients. What models, and are they wireless?

:welcome to Satelliteguys 4K Fan!

There have been audio issues with some clients. What models, and are they wireless?

They are the newest mini clients and are NOT wireless. I went through everything and the one and only thing that corrected it was to shut off dolby digital in the setting/audio section of the client. With it off, no audio clipping out. With it on, lots of audio clipping out. It was not always like this. Must be something on DTV end.

So you must have the 4K clients, the C61. They have had audio issues and you have found the only solution I'm aware of. Hopefully Directv has a better fix soon.

I've noticed this problem on the HR44 receiver after a software update too. Hopefully they fix it soon. It only happens on some channels.

Still getting audio losses on my HR-24s.
Always happens on MSNBC but this AM it also happened on ESPN2.
Switching from DD on to off ameliorates the issue
I don't want DD off, I want DD ON.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)