DTV box/service with Dish lnbs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GatorsUF

Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
I have a Dish Network 500 on my roof with 2 lnbs. My buddy is going to lend me his DirecTV box for my tailgate this weekend. I have a few question on how to set this up correctly since I have never used Satellite before.

I don't know what service he has exactly, but he has 5 lnbs on his dish. He has DirecTV for sure so my questions are:

1. Will the Dish Network "dish" work with DirecTV?
2. Do I aim at DTV satellites? I assume yes.
3. Which one do I aim at?
4. I found "http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/" and "Dishpointer.com" what do I put in those to get my directs right? I am going to be in Tallahassee.

You can use a Dish 500 dish (but not the DishPro type). You will have to connect directly to your receiver, not through the SW1 switch used with Dish receivers. Your dish has LNBs for 110 and 119, so it is pointed at 114.5 degrees to see these. If you want to use the 110 LNB to see 101, you need to point the dish at 105.5. Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com has angles for 105.7, which should get you close. Conversely, if you use your 119 LNB, you need to aim at 96.5 (the dishpointer.com angles for 97.0 will be close).

You should probably try this at home before attempting the tailgate.

Elevation: 41.7°
Azimuth (true): 229.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 232.9°
LNB Skew: 40.6°
arrow-l.png
arrow-r.png

Dish Skew: 49.4°

Thats the angles I got for Tallahassee.

How do I find out if my dish is DishPro?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)