DTV Cinema/Cinema Plus

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rugmankc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Ohio
Based on all my reading and my HR24-500 manual, I understand that for Plus I need an internet connection. But, not for all DTV Cinema features. Although, another Forum is saying I do.

I don't want the interconnect connection as I don't need the Plus features/channels.

According to the manual, I should be able to record DTV Cinema channels and they go to Q and are put in My Playlist when available. With an internet connection they would start to download within 24 to 48 hours. Have have 3 like that, but "when is available" nothing says that. They have been there a couple days. I have noted an "unavailable" after a certain date like 5/2, but can still put them in Q.

I also recorded an available now channel, that is also on PPV, and it went right to Playlist and recorded at the correct time.

Can I do any channels on Cinema and just have to wait till "whenever", or are only certain ones available to me without an internet connection. I have no green check marks on any shows as the manual and short DTV Cinema video shows.

CSR couldn't explain it well enough to me, and left me with the impression that all channels were available for the Q, not just immediate downloading as with an internet connection. If that is correct, it would be nice to know how long till available and can I do more from Cinema than just the PPV channels.

My research has left me confused :confused:

Thanks,

Ken

Further research leads me to think "when available" means when on PPV or the Movie Channels like HBO

I will not see them till then--hope I am wrong--my wife doesn't want another thing hooked up and more cables and extension cords :)

If that's the case with no internet connection it is only a reserve function for future releases to PPV and HBO type channels

If true, DTV could do a better job of explaining that, as in what "when available" means

Either way, enjoying my new HD Home Theater after a lifetime of CRT televisions and SD Satellite

BTW: Didn't mean to sound like I was bashing DTV. After 13 years with them, CS has always been great--just a suggestion on the explaining "when available" better

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts