DTV Contractor Group - Info Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A prediction and observation:
The HSPs have a hard won territory. They do not need you because you are their best competition...competent techs, operating money and management skills to organize 10 techs and move them as a group. They do need your techs and maybe even you personally to work at their rate under their name & office.

What to do?

They will promise what is needed to get you started. Then the routes will become thin. The drives will get longer. Then the cash flow will slow down. There will be short checks and charge backs you can disprove. This will also take time. Eventually your operating cash will be gone....After you miss a few payrolls and your men try to hang you the HSP will offer them work.

All they have to do is get you signed up for a full pallet of receivers and cut back your work. As those receivers go out of date,,,so do you.

There is only so much meat on the bone and not enough to subcontract from subcontractors. The standard installation has become more complex as the money offered has declined. Directv will not involve themselves in the operations of their HSPs (other than to approve & suggest stuff.) The largest HSPs get sued all the time...even if you win in court you will be out of money and out of business. Your techs will be elsewhere.

Stand in the door....kiss your ass goodbye & jump. Hit the ground running. There will be gunners in the trees. These HSPs are not friendlies!

Joe

I agree with most of the response other than the old receivers. The receivers can be returned to the local warehouse within the grace period which varies from one location to another. just make sure to get the receipt signed by the warehouse personnel before you turn them over.

This is coming from a person who received over $20k in receiver charge backs from Multi-Band. After a while you learn that you can fight most of the charges and win.

I agree with most of the response other than the old receivers. The receivers can be returned to the local warehouse within the grace period which varies from one location to another. just make sure to get the receipt signed by the warehouse personnel before you turn them over.

This is coming from a person who received over $20k in receiver charge backs from Multi-Band. After a while you learn that you can fight most of the charges and win.

True,

The point is that the delay will cost you cash flow. I know of instances where the HSP back charged for receivers that had been activated and were in service.

It is not important whether they are sloppy or evil. The result is you get dragged down screwing around with them.

And my experiences are only me,

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts