dtv dish help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

silvermonkey

Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Ok here I what I have .

18" DIRECTV Dual Ouput Dish (2) / Eagle Aspen MS44D 4x4 Multiswitch

I am installing it myself, long story. one dish is for my locals the other is for all the rest.

Each dish has 2 coax cables coming from it into the multi switch. The switch has 4 outputs.

I figured out my locals are on 72.5 w. I can not for the life of me figure out which one to use for the rest of my programming. 77845 zipcode

Also how do I route the outputs? I only have one receiver. It is non HD non DVR.

Thanks

Ok here I what I have .

18" DIRECTV Dual Ouput Dish (2) / Eagle Aspen MS44D 4x4 Multiswitch

I am installing it myself, long story. one dish is for my locals the other is for all the rest.

Each dish has 2 coax cables coming from it into the multi switch. The switch has 4 outputs.

I figured out my locals are on 72.5 w. I can not for the life of me figure out which one to use for the rest of my programming. 77845 zipcode

Also how do I route the outputs? I only have one receiver. It is non HD non DVR.

Thanks

IF you order a receiver from D*, they will come out and install it and the dish and MS's for FREE.

If you want to do it yourself:
1 dish points at the 72 as you mentioned, the other one points to the 101, however you will only get a limited number of channels.
All the new HD stuff is on the 103 for the most part, but that requires a 5 LNB dish to set up correctly, which you can do if you want to.

D* will supply the dishes and cable, otherwise, a 5 lnb dish will run about a $ 100 on line.

Jimbo

Thanks We are under a movers contract already so I am going to have to do it myself.

We do not need HD at this time. What about the 4 outputs? Can I just hook up to one of them for one receiver?

Thanks again

To answer your question, 2 lines from each dish into the 4x4 and since you only have 1 box, you only need to use 1 output, the 4x4 will combine it properly.

What everyone else is trying to tell you, Directv will "move" you for free, and set everything up for you for free. So unless the wait time is too long for you, there really isn't any reason to do it yourself, unless you want to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)