DTV HD Receiver Guidance Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scarzy

Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
First, let me thank everyone for their input and solutions for the various problems on the different DTV HD receivers.

Here's my dilemma. I purchased an HD DTV receiver through DTV with the install. I received the Sammy 360 and everything seemed to be good until I started watching the 720P channels. As many others have mentioned from a seperate thread, the audio sync and audio dropouts make these channels unwatchable. So I contacted DTV as suggested, and they sent me a replacement. I received the RCA DTC-210 which I have now connected. This receiver fixed all the audio issues and has a great picture and better OTA reception than the Sammy 360 for me. However, now I have the horizontal line issue which is common with 1080i resolution on the RCA unit and several HDTVs. Some have fixed this issue by changing the tv to 720P but this is not an option for me since I have the Panasonic 53x54 which does not support 720P - I get the diagonal lines like the channel is scrambled.

I still have both units and need to decide which to send back to DTV by the end of next week. I guess my question is whether some of the experts feel there is a better chance that DTV will get the Samsung audio issues fixed rather than the RCA horizontal line problem. Overall, I prefer the RCA picture and audio but the horizontal line issue is difficult to swallow since I am locked into 1080i for HD.

There is the new DTV H10 receiver as well, but reviews are starting to come in that it has similar audio sync and dropout issues as the Sammy 360.

The other option would be to get credit back from DTV and buy a Hughes/Sony/LG unit on Ebay???

All thoughts and opinions are welcomed at this point since I am not sure which direction to turn. I believe I have tried every tweak and possible solution posted in the numerous threads at this forum for both the Sammy and the RCA units.

Either way..... could just live with it for a while, sign up for the DTV protection plan.... and then in a few months when the new MPEG4 things come up you could always have a major surge (insert various ways of this happening here..... )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts