DTV HDTV Question (newbie)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bfbchief

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
I just got a new HD TV today and a new Samsung HD receiver. I have a dual LNB dish that has a spot in the middle for another LNB. I put a third LNB in their but it is not finding a signal on sat 110 which is the middle LNB. Is it not as simple as putting in another LNB on a dual LNB dish? do I need something else?

Thanks for any help

im not familiar with the sat C kits, i just stick to Phase III, but if its connected then make sure that in the setup menu of the box you tell it what type of dish it is.
Sorry I can't help much and anybody correct me if im wrong

Where can I get a phase III? Best Buy or some place like that?

I just bought another one from Circuity City today for another location that i am upgrading to get HD service.

I paid like $100 for the 3 LNB with multiswitch. The only issue is the old dish was a single LNB, so only two RG6 was run from the dish to the wiring closet. I have a 5x8 switch, but i need to run two more lines (over 100' each) from the dish into the multiswitch to get it to work. I am not looking foreward to drilling through brick and feeding RG6 cable, but i kind of am. Actually i wish it was daylight out right now so i could go play with it.

Bestbuy dishes are $69.99 i think, the Funai 3LNB. It is a lot easier to pick one up locally than order i think, price is pretty much the same anyways.

bfbchief said:
I just got a new HD TV today and a new Samsung HD receiver. I have a dual LNB dish that has a spot in the middle for another LNB. I put a third LNB in their but it is not finding a signal on sat 110 which is the middle LNB. Is it not as simple as putting in another LNB on a dual LNB dish? do I need something else?

The reason the LNBF did not work is because DirecTV uses a non standard LNBF for Sat C. In order to use this dish with Sat C, you need to purchase a Sat C kit (which is cheaper than purchasing a Phase 3 dish, if you already have a 4 or 5 x 8 multiswitch, or if you have a 2nd gen dish with built in switch. If this is the case, you connect LNBF direct to multiswitch). The kit contains the special LNBF, and a special combiner, that ties your Sat C signal to the Sat B LNBF. Run cables to your multiswitch, and you are set.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)