DTV Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neoone04

Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Hey, i live in an apartment, and last sat. the installer came out to install my directv. Now, my apartment complex will not allow anyone except the local cable company drill holes thru the wall. It states this in on my lease which is my "permission slip" to install directv. The installer said that i had to have somthing official from the complex (which a lease that states everything the installer can do i think is official enough) that had a letter head from the complex on it. Then he says well if they wont allow me to drill a hole i cant install it....hmmm gee there are about 20 other people in the complex that have dtv and they run the coax cable thru the window or the door. I told the installer that and he said that they werent allowed to do that, can anyone tell me how im suppsoed to have them install it and where i would rund the cable because "they" cant run it thru the window? Or is the installer just giving me the run around? Thanks

Sounds like it was late in the day and he just wanted to go home : ) Flat cables work great I use them all the time, and they are easy to replace if they are in a place where they get squished all the time, call Value Electronics (Top of Page) and get your DirecTV through them and they will send out a quality installer with the heads up to bring a couple of flat cables with them, you have to remember most of these installers are over worked getting WAY too many installs to do in a day, thus they blow off any jobs out of the norm, good luck don't give up on satellite TV!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US We are here to help!

Lol this was 8am in the morning, the installer called me and woke me up...can i buy the cable my self and just have him set the pole an ill do the wiring?

The point is the installer should be supplying it!

If he had 7-8 installs to do that day its a good idea to blow off a few installs to make sure you get home around 9pm!!!!

I would recommend getting an installer to do it, but I am sure if you talk to V.E. they may be able to work with you! Good luck!

Years ago when I lived in an apartment - I had some rope lights out on my balcony. I was on a second floor and I just ran the extension cord through the door - never had a problem. You could always go through the wall yourself- and patch it up later (what they don't know, won't hurt them) if you put the hole low (below the carpet low) You can never see it on a close inspection, and just caulk up the outside when you leave

I would suggest you reschedule and when the installer comes back you can call his local office while he is there and get the real heads up on apartment installs. Personally I love installing apartments... Not a lot of work. You can also buy a tripod for under $20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)