DTV International dish & 123w help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotdog842

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
I am trying to use a DTV International dish 36" w/ linear lnb , in the center position of the dish.
receiver settings set to single and 10750
I set the skew on the dish to 90 deg on the dish as I am only trying to get 123w. zip code 14221 i set the elevation to 23.76. rotated the lnb and get a signal on my sat signal meter, I can't lock onto a signal on my nfusion receiver. Will this dish work and am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks for any help

Using Sadoun.com 's setup page here is what I got:

Elevation: 23.6°
Azimuth (mag.): 245.9° using Compass
LNB Skew: +36.8° Counter Clockwise, when looking at the Dish from behind the LNB - You--->LNB---->Dish

...get a signal on my sat signal meter...
Is that the Receiver's Meter or an In-Line Meter?
If it is an In-Line Meter, it will react to any signal, and probably lead you to one of the Echostar Sats.
In the Receiver's Setup Menu, be sure to have an Active / Live TP selected, the Receiver's Quality Meter will only react when you hit the Exact TP you have selected.
Use SatelliteGuys.US - TheList at the Top of the Web Page for current TPs, look for the ones marked "Strong Transponder"

it is an inline meter. I also read that skewing the dish is better than skewing the lnb. If this is so and my dish is at 90 deg. and I need a lnb skew of 36.8 could i skew the dish 36.8 ccw looking from behind the dish?
thanks again

I'd skew the Dish.
Either add or subtract 36.8 from 90, depends which way the gauge reads.
From behind, it's Clockwise.
90-36.8=53.2
90+36.8=126.8

I use that same dish to get 123w and it works very well. Just tweak the skew a
little either way until you get a signal peak. Sometimes the plumb of your dish is
not exact and thus the given settings for your location don't work. That sat has
a very strong signal and is one of the only sats I can get with DTV World dish.

mct1
my dish is skewed to the proper lnb angle 90 + 36.7= 126.7 for my area zip 14221
What is the starting position of the lnb, is it locked in place with the peg and hole or is it rotated 90 deg. My plumb is very close and i also moved the angle up and down 1 deg. at a time and rotated the dish but i still can't lock a signal its almost like my polarty is way off
Right now my lnb is locked the way the manual shows but i read in the manual that these dishes are made for 95 W and horizontal polarity with the way the lnb is setup in the manual. 123w uses vertical polarity.

Thanks

yes i use a compass and am right on the mark plus its near my cband dish that i have pointed in the same direction. the funny thing is I get noise on my external sat meter i have in line near the dish but only when its turned almost all the way up, no signal when i rotate the dish or move it up and down and keep the meter setting near where i set up all my other dishes
also I reconnected my reciever today and it said bad or no signal check cable when i turned on the reciever i/m going to get a new lnb but i have to find one that fits the bracket 28mm
i even changed all my cables, i wonder if the lnb is bad?
thanks

The LNB is almost never the culprit. Double check your LNB settings:

Type single, L.O. 10750.

Most likely, you need to tweak the aim of the dish. Do not trust the engraved elevation scale on the mount; Try aiming a bit higher or lower. Slowly pan the dish east-west, then repeat.

The LNB is almost never the culprit.
very true :)

Most likely, you need to tweak the aim of the dish. Do not trust the engraved elevation scale on the mount; Try aiming a bit higher or lower. Slowly pan the dish east-west, then repeat.

the DTV dishes the elevation is pretty accurate (within a degree)...better than some other dishes I've had where they are off by up to 10 degrees :eek:

I don't know if it was a question or a statement, but a while back someone was talking about some of those dishes having a single-polarity LNB.
Did that turn out the be the case, and is it applicable here??

You may have hit on something I know this dish was made for 95w and h polarity. My reciever is good as it works on other sats i moved the elevation in 1 deg increments and panned, my inline meter gets some signal signal as i pan. Can someone verify if this is a horizontal only parity lnb?

Is anyone using this dish and the original linear aspen eagle lnb to receive the vertical transponders on g10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts