DTV moving/changing Satelllites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fistfullofbeer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
The DTV installer that came over yesterday told me that I could not get HDTV till DTV moves all its HD channels to the 99 and 103 satellites. He also said that this is currently being done but they have not been given a specific ETA on this.

Can anyone confirm this and/or have more information on this?

Thanks.

The DTV installer that came over yesterday told me that I could not get HDTV till DTV moves all its HD channels to the 99 and 103 satellites. He also said that this is currently being done but they have not been given a specific ETA on this.

Can anyone confirm this and/or have more information on this?

Thanks.

Not true at all.....

I am not sure what part of it is not true at all .. :) .. but I guess I should make my post a little clearer.

I do not have line of sight to the 110 satellite as a result of which I cannot get HD. As a result of which the DirecTV installers said that I will have to wait till all the HD channels get moved to the 99 and 103 satellites, which as per them is in the process of happening. What I basically wanted to check was if this was actually happening and what the ETA on it was.

Thanks again!

I am not sure what part of it is not true at all .. :) .. but I guess I should make my post a little clearer.

I do not have line of sight to the 110 satellite as a result of which I cannot get HD. As a result of which the DirecTV installers said that I will have to wait till all the HD channels get moved to the 99 and 103 satellites, which as per them is in the process of happening. What I basically wanted to check was if this was actually happening and what the ETA on it was.

Thanks again!

I thought that 99 and 103 were spot beams and not CONUS. If that is true then they would not be able to move ALL HD channels to those two satellites. There are a couple of new satelllites going up that might handle all of the HD but who knows what D* is thinging. The tech might have been referring to HD local channels. Hope that helps....

Do you have access to 119 satellite????
some of the HD channels are on that satellite...

Last edited:
there has been speculation, But I have seen nothing stating that Directv is moving its current HD to the New sats that will go up...but when those do go up you will get all the NEW HD for sure.

The new sats SCHEDULED to launch this year will be colocated at 99 and 103 and could carry the hd now at 110 and 119.
COULD I say.

Thanks guys.

No I do not have access to 119 either. There are trees towards that side which completely block access to those satellites. Infact, I cant get DISH at all cos all their satellites are blocked. With Directv I can get International + Regular channels but only in SD.

I am hoping they move it to 99 and/or 103 or somewhere in that range so that I can get LOS and some HD love .. :)

Thanks.

The current 99 and 103 satellites carry spotbeamed locals only. DirecTV 10 and 11 which are scheduled for launch later this year (DirecTV 11 is a little doubtful since it is scheduled for the Sea Launch platform which was damaged when the launch rocket exploded in January) will also be at the 99 and 103 slots. All new national HD will be at 99 and 103 from the new satellites. The existing HD channels on 110/119 are going to move to 99/103 but no-one knows exactly when. I have seen end-2008 suggested, but if there is spare capacity on the new 99/103 sats it may be earlier.

Is your dish mounted at the highest possible point? Like maybe your roof or chimney? You must live in the middle of the woods?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)