DTV new install questions and charges

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ROCchris

Original poster
May 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
Hello, all. I've lurked here for a while but decided it'd be worth posting finally.

I'm getting DirecTV installed in the next couple of weeks and have a few questions about what's considered a "standard" installation vs what has to be paid extra.

We're in a duplex rental house, and our landlord doesn't want a ton of holes in the wall. I figured he'd be happy with wall plates, so I plan on getting a few Panduit wall plates for where we're getting DTV installed (two rooms).

Would the installer charge extra to actually put in wall plates (if we supply them) and run the cable through the wall?

We live in Upstate New York (Rochester) and subsequently get a lot of snow. I figured it'd be a good idea to try to get the dish mounted on a pole for the winter when snow needs to get removed from the dish. Would the installer charge extra for this, as well?

If the installer charges extra, how much extra would it be?

FWIW, we got the Choice Xtra package with free hbo, showtime, and cinemax for 3 months... 1 hd box and 1 sd box (too cheap for DVR, such is college life.) It's a good $20 less per month than even standard time warner cable up here (I also plan on trolling the TWC guy who's doing our internet by having him come out the same day :D)

Hello, all. I've lurked here for a while but decided it'd be worth posting finally.

I'm getting DirecTV installed in the next couple of weeks and have a few questions about what's considered a "standard" installation vs what has to be paid extra.

We're in a duplex rental house, and our landlord doesn't want a ton of holes in the wall. I figured he'd be happy with wall plates, so I plan on getting a few Panduit wall plates for where we're getting DTV installed (two rooms).

Would the installer charge extra to actually put in wall plates (if we supply them) and run the cable through the wall?

We live in Upstate New York (Rochester) and subsequently get a lot of snow. I figured it'd be a good idea to try to get the dish mounted on a pole for the winter when snow needs to get removed from the dish. Would the installer charge extra for this, as well?

If the installer charges extra, how much extra would it be?

FWIW, we got the Choice Xtra package with free hbo, showtime, and cinemax for 3 months... 1 hd box and 1 sd box (too cheap for DVR, such is college life.) It's a good $20 less per month than even standard time warner cable up here (I also plan on trolling the TWC guy who's doing our internet by having him come out the same day :D)

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

A wall fish will cost extra. So will a pole mount if it isn't necessary for line of sight to the satellites. How much depends on the installer and how long it takes him. A pole mount generally runs around $75. I'm not sure about the wall fishes, maybe $50 or so each. Perhaps a real installer will chime in on how much they charge for these. Good luck with the install!

Per dtv guide lines,

75 max for the pole mount

50 if wire is going to be fished thought interior walls or from one story to the next

Wall plates generally they put them on with one they have but if you have you own that always works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts