DTV Policy to Lie to customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Wait, wait wait...Did you really say "A letter already went out to both my state senators and my congressman. I sent the same letter to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, and the two sitting democrat members and possible future fcc chairman canidates Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein"? I mean really. You think your senators and congressman have nothing better to do than field complaints from unhappy customers of a satellite company. Send one to DTV, maybe the Better Business Bureau but how 'bout we leave the senate out of it!

Well the letters that went out to my senators and congressman are very different then my rantings here.

I seeking an amendment to Federal law, and to get a direct clarification of a ruling from the FCC.

We are given the right to own vs lease equipment ever since the gov broke up the ma bell extortion ring. Now the law goes on about how it has to be compatible with what ever service this equipment going to be used with. In the video services industry you really can ever be free of lease fees. With the cable company fight people who own there own Digital box, and the ones say buy a non SA or Moto box end up with a dumb box for universal compatbility via the use of cable cards. The access card is the real key to the US satellite industry. I did not buy a 20 dollar access card i was forced to lease a 20 dollar access card. A lease fee does not have to be month to month or year to year. It can be an infinite time period. In case of access card the lease ends at the time you cancel service. At which at Direct or Dish discretion is wether or not you return said cards.. The key point is written on both companies cards "This card is the property of Directv" or Echostar Communications depending on which company card your looking at. Only real difference between the cards is on Dish network cards it states that at Echostar request you must return the card, and dtv says by having the card you agree to there TOS which says you must return the card at end of service.

Now DTV or Dish tomorrow could say Access cards are now 150 dollars. Will that happen most likely not. But it not impossible. Dish card fee when they actually charge you one ranges anywhere from 35 to 50 dollars which both had been waive do to the smart card incompatibility between receivers I was deactivating and ones I was activating. Sorry got side tracked. The law original intent was to protect us from this type of extortion by allowing us to use our own equipment.

It kinda like Ma Bell saying you bought a phone but you cant use it unless you pay for an adapter from us and oh yeah we can ask for it back at any time legally.

Also I like to see a self life put on equipment. So I dont go out and buy a HR22/23 from DTV for 550 bucks and then one week later they decide to moth ball it, keeping it from being compatible. Now this has not happened mainsteam to my knowledge. Except I believe there were some first and 2nd gen boxes that did not like the last major DTV card swap which made them incompatible with service and just recently the forced moth balling of the 721 / 921 and I believe the 71/7200 series receivers from Dish. In the case of the dtv receivers they were all first gen boxes that state of the art back in 1995 lol I find it to be an issue of well if you want service time to buy a new box. But if I remember right dtv did step up and give out new standard receivers to the affected customers. Where I find the Dish moth balling to be appalling. 721/921 were not very old units they were not spring chickens but they were not old model 1000 receivers either that still work with dish service (roll eyes) . There answer was to hand out leased 522/625 which would then incur a DVR fee also ( 721 was the last dvr not to have a dvr fee attached. )

I also mention DVR fees as they are point less. Tivo is a different story as there basically selling the tv guide service to make the unit work. I used the example of an own dvr unit, as it not receiving any thing extra then a standalone box would.

So my letters usually are not targeted at one small thing but broad spectrum changes.
If one of 20 changes makes it through one day then great if not well I tried and will continue trying.

Wait, wait wait...Did you really say "A letter already went out to both my state senators and my congressman. I sent the same letter to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, and the two sitting democrat members and possible future fcc chairman canidates Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein"? I mean really. You think your senators and congressman have nothing better to do than field complaints from unhappy customers of a satellite company. Send one to DTV, maybe the Better Business Bureau but how 'bout we leave the senate out of it!

Send more letters. I really don't want them involved in Directv issues, but it beats more bailout spending in my opinion. Keep them too busy to spend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts