DTV.S SATs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newbiebutnotforever

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
Hi guys,

I have a question, there are many sats are flying over our heads 24 hours a day and 168 hour a week, those sats belong to direct TV, I would like to ask, what if I make a subscription in DTV, am I going to be allowed to view whatever channels exist on all these sats or not?

Thanks

Currently their are 7 orbital locations that DIRECTV operates many satellites on. 72.5/95/99/101/103/110/119. Assuming you have programming on any particular satellite and you subscribe to the service and you have the correct antenna system and IRD you will be able to receive programming from any one or even up to all 7 satellites.

Some satellites are for International programming, rural locals in certain cities, HD channel and of course, the main core satellite is located at 101 degrees, which can be received on a basic 18" round dish.

The 99 and 103 degree birds are for the upcoming MPEG-4 HD programming expansion.

BTW, if you are interested in signing up for DIRECTV I know an excellent DIRECTV dealer. ;)

-Robert

Hi DTD,

Thanks for your offer and I will think about it because your answer sounded good to me, but I want to know more, because I have FTA set right now, Pansat5000 and it has 2 slots for cams or cards and I want to have more knowledge about how to subscribe in DTV useing my current reciever and is this will affect the cost or what, is it will be monthly or yearly, also I want to ask about the different channels on the DTV sats, is every sat include different group of channels or is it all repeated? and once I subscribe is any package of channels on those different SATS will not be available unless I pay more?

I have many questions in my minde, just forgive a newbiebut....... :confused:

newbiebutnotforever said:
Hi DTD,

I have FTA set right now, Pansat5000 and it has 2 slots for cams or cards and I want to have more knowledge about how to subscribe in DTV useing my current reciever

You cannot subscribe to D* with that IRD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)