DTV should lease to own

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OSD771

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Pokey
I know this defeats their plans of making millions each year in lease fees.

But they should offer lease to own, maybe have a person pay 20 a month per receiver until its paid off.
I dont think that many people would do it, but options are cool.

What do you guys think?

So if you own a receiver you don't pay lease fees? Even when I worked there I never knew the answer to that.

How my superviser explained it to me, was the person is paying that fee each month to receive programming in a separate room.
So she explained it like a mirroring fee.

And now if you notice on the new bills it says additional receiver fee, not lease fee.

it technically is a mirroring fee. the lease fee is the $200 you pay if in contract to add another HD DVR. when I signed up i had to pay $200 in lease fees to get H20s

owning the reciever wont save u any money

..I own two HR24-200 HDDVR's and have a leased HR24-100 HDDVR and come Jan'13 no contract thus no liability to maintain one so no broken contract fees. For me, knowing I can have any package when & how I want saves me money! You do pay a $6.00 a mirror fee but thats it. Also, if you have their warranty program you can get your owned receiver replaced with the same model with no 2yr added contract. :)

..I own two HR24-200 HDDVR's and have a leased HR24-100 HDDVR and come Jan'13 no contract thus no liability to maintain one so no broken contract fees. For me, knowing I can have any package when & how I want saves me money! You do pay a $6.00 a mirror fee but thats it. Also, if you have their warranty program you can get your owned receiver replaced with the same model with no 2yr added contract. :)

If you get a replacement for an owned unit under the pp, there is no guarantee that you will get the same model, just that the replacement will also be owned.

raoul5788 said:
If you get a replacement for an owned unit under the pp, there is no guarantee that you will get the same model, just that the replacement will also be owned.

Yup! Your odds are just as good/bad as the next guy to get the exact receiver you want/have

...Hmm, I talked to DTV and I asked this very question. He said without plan, no guarantee of what replacement owned model would be but with plan if you exchange a bad owned Hr24, you would get an owned HR24 as replacement (no contract extention. Seems further investigation on this subject is needed!

...Hmm, I talked to DTV and I asked this very question. He said without plan, no guarantee of what replacement owned model would be but with plan if you exchange a bad owned Hr24, you would get an owned HR24 as replacement (no contract extention. Seems further investigation on this subject is needed!

Sorry, but he told you wrong. Without the pp, an owned unit gets replaced with a leased one, with it, owned for owned. In either case, there is no guarantee of which model you will get.

I know this defeats their plans of making millions each year in lease fees.

But they should offer lease to own, maybe have a person pay 20 a month per receiver until its paid off.
I dont think that many people would do it, but options are cool.

What do you guys think?

So if you own a receiver you don't pay lease fees? Even when I worked there I never knew the answer to that.

How my superviser explained it to me, was the person is paying that fee each month to receive programming in a separate room.
So she explained it like a mirroring fee.

And now if you notice on the new bills it says additional receiver fee, not lease fee.

I've thought that for years, you already pay that fee each month of $5-6 whichever it is now ...
I think once that many months pass at $5 p/m it's yours ...

Thats how I think it should be....

Also, we should NOT have any Commitments AFTER you've been with them for your 2 years when you want a newer piece of equipment, you've already paid your commitment, the commitment is mainly to make sure people pay thier bills, over 2 years you've generally proved that your reliable, provided your in good standing with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts