dtv south of the border.

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
didn`t see any ny or la locals on james longs list
right --- NY and LA are not on 77W. The only cities available are on his 77W list but the 4 nationals and pbs are all the same for all cities (local pbs may be different)

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
so i could put that lnb on one of the big dishes i have and tune in the 77 satellite?

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
so i could put that lnb on one of the big dishes i have and tune in the 77 satellite?
If you have a dish box that has not been activated, you need reception from a minimum of one satellite from 129, 119, 110, 72, or 61 to do the activation.

After activation, 77 will work without any other satellites

Lnb will work on any of them

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
yeah i will activate in the states.i have huge 10 ft commercial dish(came from one of the defunked airlines),so it should be no problem with tuning in any satellite.so i could just take the lnb off the dish in the states and bring it down?

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
yeah i will activate in the states.i have huge 10 ft commercial dish(came from one of the defunked airlines),so it should be no problem with tuning in any satellite.so i could just take the lnb off the dish in the states and bring it down?
yes. set it up on your big dish and then take it off and install on the small one.

If you buy the dishpro lnb, take a flat blade screwdriver and pry the plastic case off the lnb. Then the metal lnb base will fit in the antenna mount.

There are also alternate suppliers that supply compatible lnb's.

Only difference between single and dual is the dual has feeds for two separate satellite receivers

Examples:

DISH Network Dishes and LNBs - Solid Signal

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
yeah i have pried the cases off those lnb`s in the past.i remember using then for both dish and dtv,but i guess that was back before hd.i have used alot of different mounts on different dishes.i use to use a one metre dish to pick up dish at 119.

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i just hooked up a standard def direct tv dvr to my dish down here in southern mexico and the guide loaded and i have all the channels that i am getting with my hdvr.the big difference is that it will load up anytime i unplug it.with hdvr i have to load it up between midnight and 4 or 5 am,it will not load up during any other time.it just stays at 98 %.just wondering why?i guess it has something to do with the software in the hd ird?

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
i just hooked up a standard def direct tv dvr to my dish down here in southern mexico and the guide loaded and i have all the channels that i am getting with my hdvr.the big difference is that it will load up anytime i unplug it.with hdvr i have to load it up between midnight and 4 or 5 am,it will not load up during any other time.it just stays at 98 %.just wondering why?i guess it has something to do with the software in the hd ird?
What you are describing fits what happens with a marginal signal. Daytime hours - no reception. Middle of the night - reception.
Everything from reflected radiant heat to atmospheric interference affects reception and the interference is at it's minimum in the night.

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
yeah i understand that but why does the standard ird reset during the daytime and the hd ird will only reset at night?

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i am back in the states now,but i`m wondering if sd channles are still available on 101.i think i read something about a new satellite being moved into that slot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)