DTV to test radio audio channels and to discontinue TV analog by law in Feb. 17, 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlvaJr

Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
So they will notice that it will be discontinue TV local analog by law along with AM and FM and DTV will keep it of all time by 02/17/09, so here's the special way that it will test a new DTV Radio along with AM and FM for a better way that it will receive 50 channels like based on the original cable in the '90s are:

NY1
WCBS-CBS 2
TNT
WNBC-NBC 4
WNYW-Fox 5
Nickelodeon
WABC-ABC 7
TBS
WWOR-My 9
CNN
WPIX-CW 11
Lifetime
WNET 13
FX
Spike TV
USA Network
Sci-Fi Network
Bravo
VH1
MTV
WLIW 21
Cartoon Nework
truTV
E!
MSG
ESPN
ESPN 2
Bloomberg TV
WPXN-ion 31
ABC Family
HSN
The History Channel
WXTV-Univision 41
BET
Comedy Central
A&E
WNJU-Telemundo 47
Disney Channel
Food Network
TV Guide Channel
TLC
AMC
Headline News
WE
Oxygen
WMBC-TV 63
HGTV
The Discovery Channel
WFUT-Telefutura 68
Galavision

So do you think it will test DTV Radio to hear at home and to hear walkman outside the audio signal over the air?

I have never heard of DTV Radio. HDRadio is digital but it is not mandated that analog radio broadcasts cease at any time, nor for that matter is HD Radio actually HD.

I have never heard of DTV Radio. HDRadio is digital but it is not mandated that analog radio broadcasts cease at any time, nor for that matter is HD Radio actually HD.

Well, it is hd, but it isn't high definition. HD stands for hybrid digital when referring to radio. That's one of my pet peeves, the radio stations advertising their hd feed as high definition.

I thought I heard a while back that eventually the radio stations will also be switching from analog to digital. I can see that happening eventually.

I thought I heard a while back that eventually the radio stations will also be switching from analog to digital. I can see that happening eventually.

Can you imagine what that would do to car radio or a radio in anything mobile? The vast majority of radio listening is done in vehicles. With the way digital signals bounce around, especially in cities, it would be almost impossible to maintain a consistent signal. Radio, as we know it, would die. The only thing left would be satellite radio and that has it's signal problems. Try driving a car equipped with a satellite radio through the mountains (I don't mean through tunnels although that presents it's own problems) and through wooded areas. The signal constantly breaks up.

Well the portable radio that it will no longer recieve tv audio signal because it's antenna not DTV so here's the question about the no or yes portable radio information:

No: TV/Weather/FM/AM old since 2002.

Yes: New DTV/Weather/FM/AM to see TV Graphic outside the signal.

Do you have a source for this information about DTV Radio? I would be interested to read more about it.

But I wanna thank very much for listening TV analog since I brought the armband radio on 9/11/2006 for the last 2/1 years along with the new My Network TV (WB defunct), new CW TV (WB defunct), new host on the Family Feud to replace Richard Karn (Home Improvement) is John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) and 35 years celebration of TPIR with Bob Barker (Truth or Consequences, Miss USA/Universe and Executive Producer) until his final show and retirement on 6/15/2007 for 50 years on TV (except 9/12/2005 in California only for the last 3/1 years along with the 20 years celebration of the The Big Spin by every Saturdays with Pat Finn (The Joker's Wild and Shop 'til You Drop until JD Roberto took over in 2003) & Maquel). So so long TV analog and hasta la vista baby.:up

Sounds like someone had XM driving through the mountains. Sirius works a bit better in that type of situation due to their satellite orbits.

and to the OP....put the bottle down.

Can you imagine what that would do to car radio or a radio in anything mobile? The vast majority of radio listening is done in vehicles. With the way digital signals bounce around, especially in cities, it would be almost impossible to maintain a consistent signal. Radio, as we know it, would die. The only thing left would be satellite radio and that has it's signal problems. Try driving a car equipped with a satellite radio through the mountains (I don't mean through tunnels although that presents it's own problems) and through wooded areas. The signal constantly breaks up.

HD Radio works just fine in a moving vehicle, majority of the receivers are car decks.

If the OP was referring to some sort of audio service being carried on a DTV subchannel, I highly doubt it. 8VSB, the modulation standard used by DTV in the US is not very tolerant of multipath interferance, and is therefore not well suited to mobile use. It stands to reason that any audio service would be targeted primarily to mobile users. Now what WOULD be great is if we could get something akin to the Freeview service they have in the UK, with some of the basic cable networks carried on subchannels. USDTV tried (and failed) to do something like this, although they were a pay service competing with entry level satellite and cable. There just weren't enough low-end users out there to support an OTA pay service. Now if they were to put those cable nets out there FREE (supplemented with local advertising) that might be a serious competitor to satellite and cable, and bring some new life to local broadcasting.

Obviously, Alva's first language is not English but believe what he is referring to are older portable radios that receive the audio portions of VHF/UHF analog channels. On February 18th, those radios will no longer receive TV sound. There are no plans that I have heard of for a similar radio that will receive audio from DTV stations , although it would be a good idea.

It would be cheap and easy to take one of those digital TV converter boxes and plug the audio output in to an inexpensive stereo or set of computer speakers. Voila! DTV audio.

And why TV audio local channels 2-13 on the radio doesn't receive classic TV series since 2002 like:

Any Classic Game Shows like Any Mark Goodsons, Any Merv Griffins and more...
Any Classic Fitness like Gilad, Denise Austin, Madeline Lewis and more...
Any Classic Soap Operas
Any Classic Cookings like Juila Childish, Frugal Gourmet and more...
Any Classic Music Series like Club MTV, Dance Party USA, Soul Train and more...
Any Classic Talk Shows like The Arsenio Hall Show, Ricki Lake and more...
Any Classic News
Any Classic Sports
Any Classic Parades
Any Classic Cartoons like Any Hanna-Barbera, Disney, Nickelodeon and more...
Any Classic Spanish Series like Chespirito, Papa Soltero, Anabel and more...
Any Classic Dramas
Any Classic Sitcoms or Comedies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)