DTV wants me to pay for tech. Will this work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheGamingGod

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Nevermind. I have paid for the protection plan. Hope it works out well.

Last edited:
Just pay for the tech to come out or pay for the plan. It might not be a bad idea to have the plan anyways.
Actually, I'm only paying 9.99 for the HD service. I'm only 15 and my parents pay for the rest of the DTV service. They don't need a tech to come out since they don't watch HD content but I do. Anyways, why bother paying for the tech if DTV offered to waive the tech fee as long as I pay for the warranty service?

Btw, won't the warranty service show up under my package details @ DTV.com? Can't I simply cancel it there after the tech has finished?

Last edited:
I would either pay the monthly fee or read the thread on installing/aiming the slimline & do it yourself. It sounds like your close to a good signal & only need some minor tweaking. Once you learn how to install the dish & aim it correctly you will never need to call them for adjustments again.

Lefty loosey righty tighty.

I would either pay the monthly fee or read the thread on installing/aiming the slimline & do it yourself. It sounds like your close to a good signal & only need some minor tweaking. Once you learn how to install the dish & aim it correctly you will never need to call them for adjustments again.

Lefty loosey righty tighty.
I know I can do it myself but our ladder is too short for me to get up onto the roof. I don't want to end up cracking my skull. =(

Pay the $ 6 p/m, tell them that it's a protection plan that pays for visits and gives you basically free replacements if a rec. goes bad.
It's an insurance policy ...

Jimbo

I have read that you can cancel it with a $10 cancellation fee. I don't know if that's true, and I don't know if there is a certain length of time that you must keep it before cancelling.

With the dish in a tough location, your parents probably should spring for the protection plan anyway.

I have read that you can cancel it with a $10 cancellation fee. I don't know if that's true, and I don't know if there is a certain length of time that you must keep it before cancelling.

With the dish in a tough location, your parents probably should spring for the protection plan anyway.
It seems as if I can cancel the DIRECTV Protection Plan at any time since I would have to pay monthly. I can have DTV waive the tech fee once I start to pay for the DIRECTV Protection Plan and then cancel it once the tech finish his job. I know it's a great idea to pay for the protection plan but why not wait until something is actually broken before paying for the service?

I hope you never have a serious accident or hospital stay and don't have health insurance. Insurance is just that, in case something happens. A small price to pay upfront to avoid a big headache/hardship. Being only 15, maybe you should let adults(parents) make your decisions for you!

I hope you never have a serious accident or hospital stay and don't have health insurance. Insurance is just that, in case something happens. A small price to pay upfront to avoid a big headache/hardship. Being only 15, maybe you should let adults(parents) make your decisions for you!
My parents don't know jack about HD and how everything works so I'm taking things into my own hands.

This has nothing to do with HD and everything to do with making an important decision. Besides, the bill isn't in your name, so, the decision is ultimately your parents. And if they're that big of pushovers, maybe they should take a few parenting classes, IMO!

Correct me if I am wrong as I don't have the protectoin plan myself but, isn't their a 1 year commitment to the protection plan when signing up for the protection plan? If you cancel the protection plan early doesn't DirecTV have a cancelation fee. I would think so, expecially for those who actually use the insurance then cancel it right away.

I would think from a good business stand point, they would to avoid such things from happening. Just my $0.02.

Correct me if I am wrong as I don't have the protectoin plan myself but, isn't their a 1 year commitment to the protection plan when signing up for the protection plan? If you cancel the protection plan early doesn't DirecTV have a cancelation fee. I would think so, expecially for those who actually use the insurance then cancel it right away.

I would think from a good business stand point, they would to avoid such things from happening. Just my $0.02.
I would hope so. And with the price of receivers and tech calls, $72 is a small amount of money to pay for a year!

I'm calling DTV right now. I plan on asking about the cancelation fee. If it's only 10 dollars then that's fine. Better than paying 70 dollars for the tech to come out.

$10 almost pays for 2 more months of the protection plan. Mow another yard or 2 or shovel another driveway this winter!
I purchased the protection plan and got the 20 dollar tech fee waived for the first month. If I cancel during the first 30 days, I'll be charged 6 bucks which isn't bad. I'll let the plan ride out for 2 months and then cancel. Maybe I'll have my HD box replaced since it sometimes goes blank for a second. Thanks folks.

This has nothing to do with HD and everything to do with making an important decision. Besides, the bill isn't in your name, so, the decision is ultimately your parents. And if they're that big of pushovers, maybe they should take a few parenting classes, IMO!

This is the youth that will one day be running our country......and making decisions for us......hmmmmmmm.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)