DTV won me back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have Spectrum for internet, HATE THEM, no other ISP except Verizon DSL in my area, I stream so much, that Satellite service won't work.
i am lucky to have verizons 5G service, my only other option is frontier dsl conn 12 mbps for 50.00 a month:shh:mad:

Last edited:
I don't know if thats exactly true ...
I have ATT Cell service and I have D* and they are separate accounts still.

ATT would LIKE to merge everyone .... Fwiw, if your thinking about that, don't, you'll probably regret combining them later.
my bill comes from ATT from somewhere out of clearstream IL the same as my cell bill did when i had there cell service. yes they have been bugging me to bundle. i just laugh at them and tell em verizon gives me a better deal for working for the state and they don't throttle my data. then they shut up:biggrin:clapping:coco:amen

Whoever you spoke to is an idiot
yep!!! though she told me she was sending out a senior tech out to redo the install a band new install also. the funny thing was the senior was one of the ones that worked on my original install. and i was surprized he didn't pick up on alot of stuff that was done wrong.. some senior tech

i am also curious how well does dtv hold up in snow storms. back in the day when we all had the 18 inch dish i never had any problems with signal loss through snow and ice storms..

i am also curious how well does dtv hold up in snow storms. back in the day when we all had the 18 inch dish i never had any problems with signal loss through snow and ice storms..
My experiences are that if its snow, its fine, if its a heavy WET snow, it will be a problem ...
I've had 6+" on the dish and never lose signal .... but if its the Wet snow, I'll have to walk out and brush it off, then I'm back in business.

My experiences are that if its snow, its fine, if its a heavy WET snow, it will be a problem ...
I've had 6+" on the dish and never lose signal .... but if its the Wet snow, I'll have to walk out and brush it off, then I'm back in business.
wow i never had a problem with snow and ice. and i am talking about the says when the pizza dish was the thing. but maybe it was pointed strait forward and not aimed upwards??? the slimline will be pointed strait forward as well. i hope i have the same results as i did before. though i heard that DTV'S ku band sat looses signal more than the others???.. i have also been looking at dish heaters on shady signal to melt off the snow and ice.. now weather the installer will put it on or let me put it on will be another story!! in all of the time i had DTV on and off. i only lost signal once. and that's because it was pouring out and pouring so hard i could not even see where i was going..

wow i never had a problem with snow and ice. and i am talking about the says when the pizza dish was the thing. but maybe it was pointed strait forward and not aimed upwards??? the slimline will be pointed strait forward as well. i hope i have the same results as i did before. though i heard that DTV'S ku band sat looses signal more than the others???.. i have also been looking at dish heaters on shady signal to melt off the snow and ice.. now weather the installer will put it on or let me put it on will be another story!! in all of the time i had DTV on and off. i only lost signal once. and that's because it was pouring out and pouring so hard i could not even see where i was going..
While pointing accurately is critical, your never pointed straight forward ... your pointed AT the Sats them self, thats it.
You live basically in LA, thats why you've never had issues with wet snow and ice ....

As for a heater, where your at ... really ?

The company / Installer will not put one on, as its not a D* supported device, however, you can put one on ...

I have thoiught about getting every once in a while, but never do.

Most of those are set up that they turn on by the temp outside .... meaning if its under 32* or there abouts where its likely to freeze, it will turn on.
I don't like that idea, as why turn on when theres no adverse weather ?
Why pay the electric for that when it happens to go below the temp that the thermostat is set for.

While pointing accurately is critical, your never pointed straight forward ... your pointed AT the Sats them self, thats it.
You live basically in LA, thats why you've never had issues with wet snow and ice ....

As for a heater, where your at ... really ?

The company / Installer will not put one on, as its not a D* supported device, however, you can put one on ...

I have thoiught about getting every once in a while, but never do.

Most of those are set up that they turn on by the temp outside .... meaning if its under 32* or there abouts where its likely to freeze, it will turn on.
I don't like that idea, as why turn on when theres no adverse weather ?
Why pay the electric for that when it happens to go below the temp that the thermostat is set for.
ok i'll specify here. i was living in boston and didn't move to LA until 2000. i was using the pizza dish while i was living in boston back in the day. i have thought about going back there i know that ice and snow can effect the signal. i would never buy a heater now i would look strange using a dish heater in LA :coco :p :rolleyes: . i see they have two versions of em one's manual and one's automatic. id'e just buy the manual unit and only plug it in when needed.. i'm cheap i would not want the heater kicking on and off all day. how hard is it to plug it in only when needed??? as i am starting to work my way back east and get away from all of these crazies :coco

ok i'll specify here. i was living in boston and didn't move to LA until 2000. i was using the pizza dish while i was living in boston back in the day. i have thought about going back there i know that ice and snow can effect the signal. i would never buy a heater now i would look strange using a dish heater in LA :coco :p :rolleyes: . i see they have two versions of em one's manual and one's automatic. id'e just buy the manual unit and only plug it in when needed.. i'm cheap i would not want the heater kicking on and off all day. how hard is it to plug it in only when needed??? as i am starting to work my way back east and get away from all of these crazies :coco
Oh, now that makes all the difference in the world ...
Boston, you would likely have a need for one.

I didn't know they had manual ones, thats the better way to go in my opinion, like you said, why run it at a specific temp.

I didn't know they had manual ones, thats the better way to go in my opinion, like you said, why run it at a specific temp.

i did search the the manual dish heater last nigh came up with nothing. i am thinking they stopped making it for some reason.. not like the other one can't be plugged in only when needed

After AT&T finishes gutting DIRECTV they are going to regret losing all their loyal customers. Just because they have 5 different Streaming services doesn't mean their customers are all going to buy those services. I mean the local channels are going to be a sticking point. How will former customers get those comparable line ups? It won't be easy. I know their "endless" increases" is a factor in why people are fleeing but AT&T's cost cutting and removing features from the service is part of the problem. AT&T explained their motives and were allowed to merge and wreck DIRECTV. It's a shame. There is nothing that can be done to save the service unless they sell it. I don't think it will happen.
wonder's how everyone's streaming is going. since all of the ISP'S are getting he hard in the pandemic :rolleyes: :what

wonder's how everyone's streaming is going. since all of the ISP'S are getting he hard in the pandemic :rolleyes: :what

There has been plenty of News Stories that shows it ( streaming) has been holding up just fine.

Reactions: krynn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)