DTV36EDS Directv Worlddirect for FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
you're getting close:

Unfortunately, in the first picture, you've got a 4x1 disecq input feeding the 2nd receiver, so that won't work.
In the second picture, you've got the correct multiswitch, but it's not really rigged up properly for the job.

See drawing in post #7 of the Switch FAQ: Multiswitches.
Just make the following changes:
- put the motor between any receiver and a multiswitch output
- hook two LNBs up as shown, or...
- on a QPH-031, hook up the two L LNB outputs in place of the first LNB, and the two C LNB outputs in place of the second LNB shown in the diagram.
- I would hook the C outputs to the 22khz On side of the multiswitch.
- see picture on Sadoun's page for output labeling of QPH-031
- There is no expansion to more LNBs without added complication.
- Review what I said earlier about it being a waste to put the QPx-031 on a DirecTV dish.
. . . (sometimes when we get too close to a problem, we cannot see the forest for the trees)

I'm looking to do something similar but different.

I have a winegard 76cm dish that I used to use for FTA. Well now I want to use this dish for Directv. I don't want to take down the pole and put up a new one that fits the directv dish. I have the Directv LNB but it does not fit the LNB holder I have. I remember when I got the dish it came with an adapter for smaller LNBs does anyone know where I can get one? Well the whole LNB bracket is needed. I was using Zip-Ties well I'm tired of repointing whenever a storm comes through.

Unfortunately, in the first picture, you've got a 4x1 disecq input feeding the 2nd receiver, so that won't work.
In the second picture, you've got the correct multiswitch, but it's not really rigged up properly for the job.

See drawing in post #7 of the Switch FAQ: Multiswitches.
Just make the following changes:
- put the motor between any receiver and a multiswitch output
- hook two LNBs up as shown, or...
- on a QPH-031, hook up the two L LNB outputs in place of the first LNB, and the two C LNB outputs in place of the second LNB shown in the diagram.
- I would hook the C outputs to the 22khz On side of the multiswitch.
- see picture on Sadoun's page for output labeling of QPH-031
- There is no expansion to more LNBs without added complication.
- Review what I said earlier about it being a waste to put the QPx-031 on a DirecTV dish.
. . . (sometimes when we get too close to a problem, we cannot see the forest for the trees)

Thank you for correcting me, here's some adjustments to the diagrams. About the QPH-031 I'm just going do it in the near future with the 39” Fortec Star . I will stick to my DTV for now. I'll try hook up my FTA tomorrow and I will inform you if there's any complication to my setups.
I truly appreciate your help:) a million thanks to you!

Attachments

• multiple receiver setup with a motor dish1.jpg
    multiple receiver setup with a motor dish1.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 174
  • multiple receiver setup with a motor dish.jpg
    multiple receiver setup with a motor dish.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 166
... here's some adjustments to the diagrams.
About the QPH-031 I'm just going do it in the near future with the 39” Fortec Star .
I will stick to my DTV for now.
I truly appreciate your help:) a million thanks to you!
Good work. Use your first drawing, the one on the left.
The one withOUT the diseqc switch.

Sounds like a fine plan on the dishes.
Looking forward to your results, and a photograph.! :cool:

Reactions: madmadworld
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts