DTVPal is not your Pal!

I have looked at Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal Mart, Target, and a few other places, and so far all of them have been $59. I have not seen one yet for under that price. (But dont forget I have also been out of the country for the past two weeks so some new models or prices may have changed) :)

The boxes at Wal-Mart are $49.99.

I wasted one of my cards on one of those $49.99 Magnavox junk box's at Wal-Mart. I ordered a DTVPal on Thursday, it is worth it to me to pay more for a better box. Just because their are cheaper converter box's out their does not mean they are any good, remember you get what you pay for.

Just because their are cheaper converter box's out their does not mean they are any good, remember you get what you pay for.
This must be why Dish Network is sending out the 101 Software Version for their DTVPal boxes (they cost more)

Just think what a Solid Signal DTVPal would come with (it costs the most)

Price does not always equal better quality

Target have then for $49.99 also; Scott is biased a little here.
Neither of the Target models (GE $59.99 and Venturer $49.99) have analog pass-through. For the extra $10, the GE offers a smart antenna feature and an S-VHS output.

As someone who has at least two nearby stations that aren't going digital next spring, the pass-through is of interest to me. Neither of the Target models can control a recorder nor do they have particularly fancy guides.

I just can't get over how many out there have the need for a digital-to-analog converter for OTA. Especially for those of us posting on this technical forum.

Zenith=LG=Insignia NS-DXA1 Digital to Analog TV Converter 23.00 free shipping on ebay
There's a reason they have stacks of them at CC. My area mini-CC store had 60 of them and they sold only three this week. Target's not having much luck selling their GE and Venturer models either.

I think the analog pass-through may be the deal breaker.

dealer cost

Im a Dish retailier in michigan, just purchased 30 of them for 50.00 each. Thats more then the original price anounced at team summit! The shipping was 32.07 Total invoice for 30= $1,532.07 / 30 = 51.069 per box.So selling @ $60.00 is a break even or loss when paying sales personal and the customer education over the phone after selling the unit. I think the unit sould sell for about $89.00 with the goverment paying for 90%

Im a Dish retailier in michigan, just purchased 30 of them for 50.00 each. Thats more then the original price anounced at team summit! The shipping was 32.07 Total invoice for 30= $1,532.07 / 30 = 51.069 per box.So selling @ $60.00 is a break even or loss when paying sales personal and the customer education over the phone after selling the unit. I think the unit sould sell for about $89.00 with the goverment paying for 90%

just use it as a loss leader. bring the people in and get them used to your services. hit em with a product upgrade later.

A lot of us have one or two TVs that are not connected to cable or satellite. they are not our primary TVs but we ee no reason why we should not continue using them. Why is that so odd?

Last edited: