Dual C-band Chap Feedhorn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
What was the dual c-band used for? was it any good are they rare i have pics of one i have below

Sorry for the Quality it was taken with my cell

Attachments

• 08-31-07_1735.jpg
    08-31-07_1735.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 275
  • 08-31-07_1736.jpg
    08-31-07_1736.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 263
one was horizontal the other was vertical didn't require a servo some of the older receivers like my GI 550i has a C/H K/V so it (the receiver) could do both c & ku or H & V

one should be turned 90 degrees from the other

later the servo gave more control + it added skewing :)

dual feed

you can use it too if you want to have more than one receiver with the same dish, so you can see the verticals and the horizontals at the same time in different receivers, and in this case the chaparral dual feed only works with C band lnb's.:)

that is a nice LNB. As noted above you can have one receiver on a H polarity and one on a V polarity at the same time :)

I have (a borrowed) one on my dish right now while I wait for a newer dual c-band lnbf to replace my bsc621 that I got bored of. I wouldn't mind having one of my very own, but since the new units are so darn cheap, I'm not sure that the dual chap. is worth much to the "normal guy".

so this would work great with a FTA receiver so i wouldnt have to have the analog all i'd need is a V-BoxII or a dish mover and the dual lnb feedhorn would take care of polarity it self? without having to change channels like you do on the analog with a single Cband feed? am i right ?

if you use a multiswitch to combine the H & V together, yes you wouldnt need the analog box to switch polarity

The multiswitch would combine H & V into one line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts