Dual Dish Control???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Is it possible to hook up 2 dishes (1 C band and 1 Ku) and move them simultaneously so that they are on the same satellite??? :confused: I am setting up a motorized 1 meter for Ku and soon another motorized BUD for FTA C band and would like to scan from C band to Ku band without much fuss. My current setup is a FTA receiver piggybacked on my 922 which was pretty easy to switch bands with. I do need a dedicated FTA setup to make my life easier. :) After last winters sticky lake effect snows I knew that I needed a Ku dish that would be easy to keep clean. My 10' BUD still had enough frozen residue after numerous outages and cleaning that the Ku was lost way too many times! :mad: The Cband came through pretty decent most of the time even with a little ice coating. I was thinking on the lines of piggybacking a Vbox or Gbox onto the FTA receiver (or vise versa) and moving both dishes!?!?!? :confused: Can something like this be done??? :confused: Piggyback a Ku dish onto a BUD dish and move as one??? :confused: Just stick to 2 FTA receivers??? :confused: It is hard enough with 2 receivers (4dtv and FTA) to get the family to find their channels easily. Another receiver just might be too much for them but I am okay with another receiver or 2! ;)

Use just one FTA receiver to control both dishes.

If you use DiSEqC 1.2 control, the receiver could control the Ku dish and the G-box / V-box will accept the 1.2 commands and control the C-band jack.

Use a dual output C-band LNB and a dual output Ku-band LNBF so both receivers will have access to either polarities from either dish simultaneously.

:up Thanks for the info! :)

Still thinking about that "Totem Pole" setup with the Ku dish piggybacked on a C band. The Ku would probably be best under(?) the C band for ease in cleaning the snow and ice off. The setup could be moved by a Vbox or Gbox. I think that I am sticking with the dual dishes and if I have the time - I might play around a little bit. ;)

I use an Ecoda 22KHz switch to control a BUD and 80cm Ku from 1 receiver:

Receiver------->GBox---------22KHzOff-------------------------------DiSEqC Switch BUD LNBs(DMX741)
............................................22KHz On------------Motor----------80cm LNB

In the near future it will be like this:
Receiver------------------------22KHzOff--------------->GBox----------------DiSEqC Switch BUD LNBs(DMX741)
............................................22KHz On------------Motor----------80cm LNB

I use an Ecoda 22KHz switch to control a BUD and 80cm Ku from 1 receiver:

Receiver------->GBox---------22KHzOff-------------------------------DiSEqC Switch BUD LNBs(DMX741)

In the near future it will be like this:
Receiver------------------------22KHzOff--------------->GBox----------------DiSEqC Switch BUD LNBs(DMX741)

Thanks! But...

I have not played with a 22KHz switch yet. :D With the GBox before the switch seems to make more sense to me. :confused: Is the control signal passed through both outs of the switch whether the switch is on or off??? If this is how the signal goes through, then the GBox might be better after the switch like you are going to do. Will the setup act the same if hooked either way or is there benefits to one hookup over the other??? :)

Is the control signal passed through both outs of the switch whether the switch is on or off???
No, commands follow Switch setup.

GBox only "listens" to DiSEqC commands. So, with the GBox in front of the 22KHz, and you want to "bump" the Ku from the receiver, the GBox will react, even though the receiver is set to use USALS.
With the GBox in front of the 22KHz switch, you Must be using USALS for the Ku Dish.
I know, clear as mud. :)

Lak, since both ports of the Ecoda switch carries power at the same time, it hasn't caused problems with your receiver? I still want to do the same with my setup (except both dishes have SG2100 motors). What exactly is the receiver settings concerning your installation?
If I do use the DiSEqC switch would that help?
Please forgive me for bring this up with you (again).
Someone recently suggested changing something on my receiver's heatsink to help it handle the load of running both dishes at the same time. I am really leary of that ideal.

Should use a DiSEqC switch Before a Motor. It will fail quickly.
I've had no issues that I know of.
Setup is normal, 22KHz Off goes to the BUD, 22KHz On goes to the Little Dish.

Someone recently suggested changing something on my receiver's heatsink to help it handle the load of running both dishes at the same time. I am really leary of that ideal.
I'm a Big Fan of using USB Laptop chillers on the top of Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts