Dual duty on Channel Master 10'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
In an earlier post about circular lnb for 24W I complained about not getting BBC World there. Iceberg suggested I try G13, so I finally got around to putting up a CM 10 footer a further 60 odd feet away (so that it can see around a tree) giving about 160 feet of cable run. BBC is there no problem at 97% strength and signal quality even though the surface of the dish is not perfect. I'm real happy with this location for a dish since it gives me the best panoramic view of the Clarke Belt and I am glad to see the extra distance does not make a lot of difference to signal quality.

So with this dish fixed on G13, what are the chances of my success in piggybacking a Ku lnb a bit to the side of the scalar ring trying for G10R which is constantly iffy on my small dishes?

yes i'ld say 100% try it . i'm working on several stationary dishes , so i can lock down at least three sats with each one to make chanel surfing easy.

my frist set would have been 121/123/127 a c-band lnbf, c/ku lnbf, & cband lnbf
four feed from one dish into a diesqc switch i suspect could add 129 for white springs ( for some reason that the hardest channel for me to tune)

Thanks for the encouragement, George. I went outside and started waving one of my spare Ku lnbs at the dish and find this arrangement works quite nicely, although to look at it you would think it would not work at all!

The signal on C Band is not diminished at all, and the signal for what appears to be one of the weaker tps on G10R (KFDF, V 12114) comes in at over 70% with most of the others at 87% SQ, which, compared to my small dish experiences particularly on a motor, is very high. Perry Mason is back.

The Ku lnb is the only one I have available that is not in use. One needs a good variety of spare lnbs in the toolbox, I have learned.

I have a feeling that one of the lnbs with a nice straight back would do better. It is held in place with a section cut from an old innertube, so it requires a re-design. Mark II version, here we come...

Attachments

• CKu.jpg
    CKu.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 215
excellent job, yeah everyone needs a few spare lnb's just to try stuff with :)

Iceberg has a good idea with his clamp method you might can use one and or even just bolt one on with one of those pipe hangers into the scaler or where it bolts to the dish arm. there are 100 different ideas and all are good. add as many as your system / switch will allow... its a great idea for a stationary dish.

Attachments

• holder.jpg
    holder.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 178
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts