Dual Hopper setup issues

megatronky

Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Cayman Islands
Hi guys, I'm hopping someone can help me with this issue. I've recently upgrade to a dual Hopper setup, after I had issue with my first Hopper not receiving channel properly on tuner 3, and also coming to the realization that I will need more receivers for my household. Let me give you guys my setup and then my problem;

I have a two satellite setup 61.5, and 72.7, with Dish Pro LNBF, 61.5 is in port 1, of a DPP44, and 72.7 is in port 2. Receiver port 1 on the DPP44 is hooked up to the power brick, for the DPP44, and ports 2,3, & 4 goes to the Duo Node satellite ports 1,2, and 3. Each Hopper is hooked up to the appropriate ports on the Duo Node.

Ok here are the issues; the new Hopper isn't even downloading the software for the receiver, and on the previous Hopper, many of the transponders are not even coming in. I've notice that on the check switch test tuner 1, and 3 will run through at the same time however tuner 2 will take it's time. I've heard of there being some weird issues if I'm not looking at the 3 satellites for the eastern arc, 61.5, 72.7, and 77, is this one of those weird issues?

I've been suffering with these issues for a week now so any assistance would be appreciated.

Check the cabling running the Hopper. The third tuner not working could mean the cable is not rated to 3000 MHz. This frequency range was not used with any pre-existing system so it would not have caused a problem before now.

Also there is another issue that I forgot to mentioned, when I had the solo node, and now with the duo node, when I start the receiver after it has been off for awhile, it tries to do a switch check everytime.

Also there is another issue that I forgot to mentioned, when I had the solo node, and now with the duo node, when I start the receiver after it has been off for awhile, it tries to do a switch check everytime.

It seems from what I've read here is that currently is normal happening in a two sat EA setup that will be corrected in a future software update.

The check switch is probably a separate issue related to not having 77, a DIRT member indicated in another thread that they are working on a fix for that.

Since you changed the node, you have to run a check switch test on the Hoppers to set up the new confguration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)