Dual LNB questions

chd1287

Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
okinawa
I live in Japan, but I dont think that will affect your guys' ability to help me. I have an AFN (armed forces network) satellite setup. I have one dish, a zinwell single lnb, and two scientific atlanta power view D9835 receivers. Everything is working fine with one receiver, but I believe I just need a dual lnb to get the other one working. Do you guys have any recommendations as to which dual lnb I should buy?

Have you swapped cables between the units to make sure it's not a receiver issue? Also what type dish are you using?

Well, I got it figured out. I just had to change the voltage on one of the receivers to 13. I'm not actually sure why it works though, I was under the assumption I needed a dual lnb to run two separate receivers. I'm running the single lnb through a splitter I had laying around, then coax from the splitter to each receiver.
And to answer your question, I'm not sure what dish I have, other than it's ~32"x36".

chd1287 said:
Well, I got it figured out. I just had to change the voltage on one of the receivers to 13. I'm not actually sure why it works though, I was under the assumption I needed a dual lnb to run two separate receivers. I'm running the single lnb through a splitter I had laying around, then coax from the splitter to each receiver.
And to answer your question, I'm not sure what dish I have, other than it's ~32"x36".

The receivers alternate between 13 and 18 volts on their own to change lnb polarity depending on what transponder it needs to pull to get your channel. If you are only pulling AFN , you should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts