Dual Mode versus Single Mode

ddpelp

Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Ok.. I am a newbie to Dish not satelite though been with DTV for >8 years) .. So far I like th Dish system I have to 522 dual tuner. However, I am confused a little.. ok a lot about the real differences between dual and sinle mode..

The way we seem to use our TVs it seems that the wife stays up later and watches form living room while i prefer to lay in bedroom and watch what I want to watch. Obviously I use the UHF remote and seems ok except I woud like ot record one program while watcig another. I thought I coud do that before but unsure if my fooling around with the setting s I messed it up or what. Anyway it is in dual mode at this time.

What are the real diff between the two and what is the diff between shared view. I have searched and rean but still seem hard headed to really know which s the best mode for us.

Thanks
Dan

They should have named the two modes Single and Married. If you and the wife want to watch different shows on different TVs at the same time you need to keep in it Married . . . I mean Dual mode. In Single mode both TVs watch the same thing at the same time.

Shared view just means that TV2 can see what TV1 is watching in Single mode. It does nothing in Dual mode.

^ Single and Married Modes? That's the funniest thing I read all day!
icon_lol.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts