Please reply by conversation.

ParaclipseCKu

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Florida Space Coast
Without getting too complicated here is what I'm trying to do:

I have a dual-ortho C/Ku on my 10ft dish. I just put into service a small (6ft) Unimesh on AMC-8.

My wiring currently has 4 lines from the dual-ortho back to the house and into a Zinwell 4x8 multi-switch. As the cable run is about 125ft I'm trying not to run a 5th cable to the house. Not sure if this is feasible but I'd like to take the cable from the Unimesh and send it up to the house on one of the 4 cables to the multiswitch. May not be possible but one can hope!

Any suggestions are most appreciated!

Wiring:

4 cables from the Dual-Ortho to the Zinwell in the house. Unimesh currently not hooked into any of this.

How many receivers are sucking signal from the 4X8?
if the answer is two, you could mount multiswitch at BUD
run power to it on one spare line
other line could work with 6' dish
that would be a temporary solution
you could work out something else, long term
?

How many receivers are sucking signal from the 4X8?
if the answer is two, you could mount multiswitch at BUD
run power to it on one spare line
other line could work with 6' dish
that would be a temporary solution
you could work out something else, long term
?

This is a great solution for now if you can do it.

The best thing to do is to always run extra cables to your dish area, as there always seems to be a need for them later, lol.

I have some 2" plastic buried coil (EDIT: I meant coil pipe, not drain pipe) pipe running out to my dishes with the cabling (including extras). If I ever have to run a few more cables, I could pull wires through into my crawlspace using a Fish Tape. Also, when running out the original wires, it's possible to pull through a small diameter nylon rope to use for future wire pulling instead of using a Fish Tape. Just connect a second rope with the new cable(s) you will pull through. That way when you pull in the new cable with the old rope, you'll pull in another nylon rope for future use. There's a wire pulling lubricant you can also use to lube the wires and help you in pulling them through.

Last edited:
Didn't want to leave everyone hanging. Since I had a piece of cable cut to reach to the house, I decided to run another line back to the house. I'll use this for AMC-8 and tie in the Ku dishes as the farm continues to flourish :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)