Dual Outptu Cband LNBF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I've got an old Ku/C band LNBF. I'd like to replace it with a setup that can let me get both H and V C-band polarities at once. Is there anything out there for me? I'd like to keep Ku, and even have the same feature with Ku, but I'm also willing to lose Ku all together if necessary.

Thanks.

Equant -- I wasn't aware that there were any old C/Ku-band lnbfs made that did not automatically select H and V polarity.

Both SatelliteAV and Sadoun sell combo C/Ku band lnbfs (for large C-band dishes).
Not to be confused with Circular/Linear Ku-band lnbfs such as the Invacom Quad LNBF QPH-031 (for smaller Ku-band dishes).

Well my current LNBF uses a servo to control polarity. It's pretty old and I'd like to replace it, and what I'd like is a setup that lets a non-motorized 8' dish be shared between two TVs at one time. In other words, so someone can be watching a vertical transponder while someone else watches a horizontal transponder.

I guess the GeoSat Pro does what I want, but are there any dual ouput Cband LNBs and Kband LNBs that I can attatch to my (or any) feedhorn?

I think that a dual orthomode feedhorn is the only thing that will allow vertical and horizontal on both c and ku band. They are not cheap either.

For both C and Ku bands, you might search the forum for: "orthomode" or "Bullseye II".
It'd involve four stand alone LNBs bolted to a big cast feedhorn.
As noted, it gets pretty expensive, and the cost of the individual LNBs adds to it.

There are several solutions for dual-output C-band only.
The SatAv C2 mentioned above is probably the least expensive.
There are some more traditional feedhorns that take two standard LNBs, and their price is between $60 and $100.

There is maybe one acceptable for C and Ku, with single output, but as that isn't what you want, we won't go there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts