Dual Output C Band LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vc2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
I've decided to update my 20 year old analog system to receive the digital FTA channels.

I'm looking for a dual or quad output C Band LNBF with independent control for use with a 12' Paraclipse reflector.

The only thing that I'm finding for sale is a GEOSatpro C2 from DVBhardware.com.

Is this a good choice?

Are there any other sellers of the Geosatpro C2 LNB?

Are there any other LNB choices that I should be looking at?

Sorry, but we quit importing the Dual output GEOSATpro C2 model due to low demand. Several dealers are stocking the Digiwave version, but we have never tested.

He's just a dealer selling the GeoSatPro brand from SatelliteAV (the importer, I understand).
Far as I know, there are no more available.
I kind of made a stink about wanting one recently, so if any more had been available, I'm sure I'd have heard.
I think DVBhardware just drop ships, and doesn't stock the item.
If you find that he has any , let me know - I might order one.

Other choices would be Chaparral or ADL feedhorns that take two C-band LNBs.
(I think for around $85 or so)
Some of the guys here have the quad-mode versions, with two C and two Ku LNBs, but those get expensive.
($200-400 range?)
. . . plus LNBs . . .

edit: oh, Digiwave... I've searched for a dual but always found the single, but maybe with "dual" somewhere in the name.

I wish satav was still selling them. They were nice units and were able to run a few receivers with a multisiwtch

Now I use a Sadoun bandstacked LNB which i can use a splitter on and run 4 boxes off of it (since its bandstacked)

edit: oh, Digiwave... I've searched for a dual but always found the single, but maybe with "dual" somewhere in the name.

I found the DGL-Cband2 on the Digiwave web site, but google didn't find anything that is for sale.

I also found a Gospell GCF-D12A and a GCF-D12T, but nothing for sale in the US.

The Geosatpro C2 was listed as a featured item at DVBhardware before I posted. Now it's listed as discontinued.

Canadian brands? Okay with me!

Well, I don't draw a distinction between availability in the USA and availability in Canada.
I buy across the border without concern.

So, if you found some of those Gospells (which I think are imported into Canada), I'd pay attention.

I'm also under the impression that Digiwave is a Canadian importer, so I'd phone 'em up and ask where their dealers are, if not listed on their web site.

And if someone informs me that one or the other is NOT Canadian, then that'll be a good education, too! ;)

edit: with singles out there for this sort of price, you'd think a dual could be had for $25 or $30.
And now I see where the word "dual" came from: dual polarity...go figure! :)

I wish satav was still selling them. They were nice units and were able to run a few receivers with a multisiwtch

Now I use a Sadoun bandstacked LNB which i can use a splitter on and run 4 boxes off of it (since its bandstacked)

Have you had any problems interfacing the band stacked LNB with FTA receiving equipment?

I have a Pansat 2700 and I didn't see any LNB settings that looked like they would be compatible. I saw some settings for C band "Single SH" and "Single SL" LNBs. I've never heard of either type.

See if these links give you the info ya need:

KB2KIR: Receiver settings for B1Sat Stack Lnbf
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...10746-receiver-settings-b1sat-stack-lnbf.html

OnceWasLost: how to orient the B1Sat
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/142224-b1sat-stacked-c-band-lnbf.html

edit: I just re-read both threads.
They include all the good info I was looking for, including Iceberg's invaluable comments.
Should be all the info you need to fire one up.

I've decided to update my 20 year old analog system to receive the digital FTA channels.
Have you had any problems interfacing the band stacked LNB with FTA receiving equipment?
If you were planning on running a 4DTV receiver, then a bandstacked LNBf would not be the way to go.
The older receiver design cannot select the polarity on the more modern LNBf.

Last edited:

I have a Pansat 2700 and I didn't see any LNB settings that looked like they would be compatible. I saw some settings for C band "Single SH" and "Single SL" LNBs. I've never heard of either type.

for the Pansat its "Single SL" which puts the V at 5150 and the H at 5750. Blind scan finds the channels at the right spot

If you have a box that doesnt have an option for 5750 (like the Quali-TV) then set to 5150 and all the H transponders drop 600 Mhz in the setting

So as an example if the bandstacked is on G16 World Harv est (4000 H 26400) is in the quali-tv as 3400

As noted this only work with DVB boxes...4DTV and analog wont work with it

as for any issues? Right now the Q has 4 LNB's set up
C-Band at 99W
C-Band stacked at 91W
a feed from my motorized
a feed from Horizon 2 (SBS6)

the bandstacked works just fine

for the Pansat its "Single SL" which puts the V at 5150 and the H at 5750. Blind scan finds the channels at the right spote

What does the Single SH setting do? The SH and SL settings both list the same oscillator frequencies.

More questions:

Is there any way to make a stacked LNBF compatable with an analog receiver - like an unstacker? I have a M/A-Com (Toshiba) T1 receiver and positioner that are part of my system.

Same question for the voltage switched LNBF. The T1 has a Polorotor interface and 5V H/V select lines. Do any adapters exist that will interface legacy receivers with voltage switched LNBFs?

Last edited:
full disclosure

vc2 said:
Is there any way to make a stacked LNBF compatable with an analog receiver - like an unstacker? I have a M/A-Com (Toshiba) T1 receiver and positioner that are part of my system.
I think you're veering way off the main highway.
And, while I hate to put you in the ditch, I'll mention one item anyway.

Dish Network made an unstacker for their old Legacy receivers to take DishPro (bandstacked) LNBs.
But this is not a serious recommendation; more like something to contemplate.
Would it work? I'd look for any other sort of solution, first. But it might.

edit: I must've posted this in another thread (thought I'd said it here...)
See the pictures at the bottom of this post.
They are of a MA/COM feedhorn with two LNBs.
Talk to Linuxman and see if this would be a cheaper solution.

I'm basically trying to decide whether to go with a multiple output voltage switched LNB or a frequency stacked LNB for C Band FTA reception. Neither approach is directly compatable with legacy equipment.

If there were an easy method of interfacing legacy analog equipment with one of the newer LNBF technologies, this would help me decide which approach to take.

There's not a lot of analog left that's watchable, so it's not a big loss, but it would be nice to have the capability to receive analog if I wanted it.

That looks like an Ortho feed in the picture. I would still have to deal with H/V switching for the Legacy. A Multiswitch would work for the FTA.

Last edited:
I can see a dual out c-band lnbf on a fixed dish W5 system with two dsr-410's subbed to two tv's. That would be a nice setup without falling prey to cable or pizza pans.

I agree, I tried it.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/142224-b1sat-stacked-c-band-lnbf.html
post #14

Dish Network made an unstacker for their old Legacy receivers to take DishPro (bandstacked) LNBs.
But this is not a serious recommendation; more like something to contemplate.
Would it work? I'd look for any other sort of solution, first. But it might.

edit: I must've posted this in another thread (thought I'd said it here...)
See the pictures at the bottom of this post.
They are of a MA/COM feedhorn with two LNBs.
Talk to Linuxman and see if this would be a cheaper solution.

I'm basically trying to decide whether to go with a multiple output voltage switched LNB or a frequency stacked LNB for C Band FTA reception. Neither approach is directly compatable with legacy equipment.
. . . . I would still have to deal with H/V switching for the Legacy. A Multiswitch would work for the FTA.
Well, I'm no expert on old Analog nor 4DTV receivers, but...
I've read that the 4DTV boxes have a mode where they'll take an LNB that's voltage switched between H & V polarity
AND, this quote is a big surprise:
My old analog C-band receiver has separate H/V inputs ...
So, I believe the two output (H & V) going into a 2x4 or 4x4 switch, will be pretty compatible with at last -some- older equipment.
Might get more comments on that.
The bandstacked stuff would NOT be.

Of course, for the more modern DVB receivers you have the flexibility to use bandstacked.
And don't get me wrong. I'm a bandstacked proponent, not basher.
But always use the right tool for the job. :cool:

I've read that the 4DTV boxes have a mode where they'll take an LNB that's voltage switched between H & V polarity
Yup, my DSR-920 is running a BSC-421 on the 7.5 footer. ...My 10 foot "HD Hunter" ;) -also has an LNBF, a real old one, that came off an old G5 only dish. (I have this personal hatred for polarotors, and skewing with an old analog box and switching one channel up during blind scans...etc...etc...PITA!):D

edit: with .......... for this sort of price, you'd think a dual could be had for $25 or $30.
:)

I found a Digiwav DGL-2002C Dual output on sale for $19.85, but shipping from Canada doubles the price. For now, I think I'll grab the $16.99 ($21.99 shipped) single output LNBF from your link for DVB testing. It's somewhat compatable with my analog equipment. I can modify the analog receiver to do LNB voltage switching.

I'll deal with the multi-receiver installation if and when I buy a second FTA receiver. I want to see whats going to happen with FTA Hi Definition first.

Well, my link wasn't a recommendation.
Just a point of reference.
Hope it works out for you.
Not sure if I found that one on my own, or if it came out of one of our threads, here.
There was some discussion of such cheap single-output LNBF's in Satcom's Cband on a Primestar thread, a while back. *

If you want a suggestion , I'd have to mention the CK-1 from SatelliteAV for dual band.
Or, the C1 for just C-band alone.
They're pretty inexpensive, quite decent, and are backed by someone I personally have been impressed by. - :up

* Try the thread starting around post #42, for info on Panorama.
Note also, Satcom said he bought two (?), and neither worked.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...primestar-84e-bsc621-2-lnbf-experiment-3.html

edit: I googled your Digiwav DGL-2002C, but found nothing.
PM me a link if you would.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts