Dual-Tuner but only one Coax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbritton

Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
I have a Dual-Tuner DVR but only one coax (and not likely I can run another line) but want to use the second tuner.

I remember hearing of a product that would allow you to combine all of the signals on the one coax...then split just before the tuner...but don't recall what it is. If I remember right it was a little pricey.

It is something like:

Sat --> Multiplexer --> [unknown box] --------> [unknown box] ===> Tuner

The [uknown boxed] combine the signal and split it out again just before the turner.

Any ideas?

Stacker/Destacker

Becouse you cannot combine/split a signle you would need a stacker and a destacker. I have found one company that carries these http://www.sonorastore.com/stde.html
I hope this helps you, I have been looking at it too, but I think it might be cheaper to run a second coax. I just dont want to drill a hole in my new RV to do that just yet.

-Eric

Ahhhh...perfect!!!

OMG...that is what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick response!!

I wonder when the prices for these items will reach a level that the average consumer would pay. I can either run coax along outside walls, buy these things, or use one tuner. I choose one tuner. I'd pay about $100 for both a stacker and de-stacker. What's in these boxes that makes them so expensive?

I am having my HR-10-250 DVR installed tomorrow. This is my set up

HD DISH from roof (through attic) in to a junction box. From junction box to all rooms(pre-wired)

1. H20 in famil room
2. HR10-250 will replace existing receiver in another room.

I have TWO ports (pre-wired) in 2nd room. Using one of the ports for existing receiver in 2nd room. 2nd port un-used.

Will the installer use 2nd port for DVR or should he has to drill hole again to provision for another coax line for dual tuner DVR?

Dishnetwork has the capability to do this and I cannot understand why DirecTV would/does not. I have one cable running from the dish and a Dishpro Plus separator (about a $10 part) to my dual tuner receiver.

I am having my HR-10-250 DVR installed tomorrow. This is my set up

HD DISH from roof (through attic) in to a junction box. From junction box to all rooms(pre-wired)

1. H20 in famil room
2. HR10-250 will replace existing receiver in another room.

I have TWO ports (pre-wired) in 2nd room. Using one of the ports for existing receiver in 2nd room. 2nd port un-used.

Will the installer use 2nd port for DVR or should he has to drill hole again to provision for another coax line for dual tuner DVR?

dishnet uses a bandstacking process for their signal allowing them to use a separator for dual tuners. directs signal is a little different. i hear they are working on a device which would allow one coax to feed a dual tuner. will make it a lot easier on us techs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)