Dual tuner for DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

betsy c

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Hi,

A friend of mine has a dual tuner for his Dish system, one is HD and one is SD. The tuner is located near his HDVT, the 2nd tuner feeds a TV in a bedroom and is controled by a remote in the bedroom. It's neat - does D* offer such a tuner?

Thanks,
Bets

Wow, does he work for E*, how did he get the 942 already?

Interested...

:)

Welcome ot Satelliteguys!! :welcome

At this time the only dual tuner receiver that Directv offers is a dual SATELLITE INPUT tuner but no dual output like you're talking about.

BFG said:
Wow, does he work for E*, how did he get the 942 already?

Interested...

:)

E* has at least one entry level (rental only) model that the 2nd tuner is for RF output only and the picture quality is near junk, best suited for a kid or guest room. My neighbor has it, and its only purpose is to have one receiver charge, but 2 TVs attached.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/product_brochures/dish_322.pdf

Two tuners for independent viewing of satellite TV programming in two rooms with a single receiver.
“Agile modulated mono output” can send the second tuner’s signal to multiple televisions via home distributions

Yeah, I know. I have a 322. But he said this guy has a single dual tuner receiver that outputs HD in one room and SD in another room. This would be the 942...

i misread it. i thought he had an hd unit and another sd unit that drove 2 tvs. how does the 942 drive the 2nd tv? via RF?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts