Dual-tuner from single cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AThomas

Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
I'm sure this is a common topic, so I apologize in advance for the repost. In my searches I've come up with bits and pieces, but need some help putting it all together.

Setup: Dual LNB DirecPC dish, all four cables running into a 4X8 multiswitch. No HD.

Issue: I'm adding a dual-tuner R10 upstairs and have only one cable running from the multiswitch. I have additional ports available on the multiswitch, but don't feel like running a second cable through the wall from the basement to the second floor (or have the ability to do it gracefully).

Question(s): Can I use a de-stacker on a single output from my existing multiswitch? Is the signal coming from my multiswitch stacked or do I need a stacker?

you will have to run a second cable. If you had a dual tuner receiver from dish network you could use a "seperator" that uses the one cable that you have ran up there and seperates it into two from the two inputs but directv uses different technology and doesn't have anything like that. Switch to dish there alot better than directv in my opinion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts