dual tuner install

otmaximus

Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
New member here:
I am going back to using the dual tuner on my 622(?). When DishTV was originally installed, they set it up so that the dual tuner was connected to my HDTV and TV2 was remote connected to a regular TV. In the past year, I've disconnected the remote TV, but now I'm reconnecting it.
I have 2 Dish500 dishes on my house, and 2 cables coming down from them. Now the way it is, one cable is connected to the single HD receiver.
The other cable comes down and splits, one cable to the remote TV and another cable to the dual receiver. The cable to the dual reciever first splits to one short cable that splits to the 2 Sat IN and another short cable to the TV2 out.
As far as I recall, this is exactly how they set it up originally to operate the TV2 remotely.
But now I've lost the signal from the dish (the signal to the single HD receiver is fine, only the signal to the dual rcvr has been interupted).
Is there something that I'm missing here...? Could it be the splitter to the dual rcvr/remote tv is bad?

Paul

What kind of lnbf's are you using? is there a switch or some sort of combiner?
can you draw a diagram and indicate the identification of the "splitter" it might actually be a diplexor.

The splitter is a DPD2. That is the one that is bythe dish to split off to the remote TV2, and that is also the one that is split off the line to run a short cable to the TV2 output on the dual rcvr.
Not sure what lnbf are...?
I have a diagram of my setup in jpg, just need to figure out how to send or post it.

OK, I'm back to square one again.
Now at least I got the picture back on the dual rcvr TV1. At the dish, the cable is split with a DPD2 to two separate rooms. One room was to be the remote TV2, the other room has the 622 (TV1). So for now I disconnected the DPD2 at the TV2 out on the 622. So I have just the line from the dish to the main room split with a DPP Separator at the 622 for the SAT IN 1 & 2.

I thought I had connected the DPD2 at the dish and 622 rcvr the same way as when it was first installed, but I can't get it to work to operate the remote TV2.

???

Paul

OK, I'm back to square one again.
Now at least I got the picture back on the dual rcvr TV1. At the dish, the cable is split with a DPD2 to two separate rooms. One room was to be the remote TV2, the other room has the 622 (TV1). So for now I disconnected the DPD2 at the TV2 out on the 622. So I have just the line from the dish to the main room split with a DPP Separator at the 622 for the SAT IN 1 & 2.

I thought I had connected the DPD2 at the dish and 622 rcvr the same way as when it was first installed, but I can't get it to work to operate the remote TV2.

???

Paul

DPD2 = Holland Diplexer

You have a DP+ Twin LNB

You need to connect the VHF/UHF side of your diplexer to the 622 TV2 Home Distribution Output (21-69)

Connect the Sat line at the diplexer to the DPP Seperator.

OK, got it. Now I've got a picture on the remote TV. But it is very snowy. I set it up using the instructions in the DishTV manual, using a cable channel (as opposed to Air). I've tried several different channels, all are snowy...
Unfortunately it is an old (~10 yrs) 19" TV, with only the coax IN. But that is all I have to work with, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Paul

If TV2 is first going into a VCR/device first make sure its off.

2nd you probably your diplexers incorrect.

In/Out on each diplexer connects to each other.

2--1-->><<1--2

Thanks RC. No VCR/etc, just straight to the TV.
Question: on the dish side, in/out goes to the the rcvr, I get this (thanks!), how do the others go?
is it SAT to the the dish and VHF/UHF to the remote TV2?

TIA,
Paul

thanks. I bet the backwards diplexer is causing the poor picture to the TV2.
I'll fix it when I get home from work and report back.

Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank you.
Once I switched the diplexer around (I vow to never call it a "splitter" again), The picture came in perfectly. Now my kids can watch TV in their room, my wife can work out to her videos in the bedroom, and no one will bother me while I'm gaming in the living room.
Success!

Paul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts