Dual Tuner, Picture in Picture Digital Recieiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Has anyone run across a Digital Set top box that has dual tuners and Picture in Picture? Haven't run across one yet. My analog tuner TV (HD Ready) has dual tuner pip for the analog signals.

Looking at the new televisions, it seems like they are not making dual tuner televisions any longer.

I haven't run across one yet and have wondered those same questions. I think that they are still in fact making dual analog tuner televisions, but there don't seem to be that many in number as there once was. The difficulty with the new digital tuners would be the additional cost of adding another tuner, even though they're still cheaper than they used to be, but not cheap enough to the general consumer. Two nice features to have would be picture in picture (small window on the corner of the screen), and picture by picture (two large screens side by side filling up half of the widescreen each). I wouldn't doubt that this technology is in the works. I think it is just a matter of time and money before we start seeing it on the market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts